Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired Official Welcomer
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The e60 3G iPhone snap-in adaptor is now available through BMW. The Part # is: 84 21 21 51 038. I just ordered one. The price is $160.95 without BMWCCA discount.

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That link was for the original iPhone snap-in adaptor. This one is for the 3G.

·
Registered
185 Posts
BGM,

I think the short answer is no (but I could be wrong).

While I don't have the specific adapter, I do have the USB/Aux to IPOD cable. When I plug the phone in, the iPhone screen displays something like "the iPhone is not compatible with this connection and will only be used as an IPOD" ... which is fine by me. It still charges the phone and I use the phone via the bluetooth connection.

I believe the only thing the cradle gives you is power and an external antenna connection.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Has anyone actually installed this adapter? Is there much to it? How do the power and antennae connections get made in the arm rest?

Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Has anyone actually installed this adapter? Is there much to it? How do the power and antennae connections get made in the arm rest?

Thanks.
I have the same questions. Also, I called my dealer the other day with the provided part number for the 3G snap-in, and he's telling me this is still pending release and is not yet available. ??

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the same questions. Also, I called my dealer the other day with the provided part number for the 3G snap-in, and he's telling me this is still pending release and is not yet available. ??
Sad, but true. My parts guy has two of them on order, waiting for shipment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does this option exist in Australia - does anyone know. I have a 2007 530i and would love to get a snap in adaptor for an iphone - we only have the 3 versions here. While I'm at it, is there anyone who has a BMW 5 series working with an iphone at all?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts