BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the event at Penns Landing in Philadelphia today.

They had a 2002,320i,325is,e46, and the e90.

Overall, marginal turnout. Free lunch was good. The information session was okay and the e90 looked great in person.

The older cars weren't necessarily "vintage" appearing. It looked as if they had simply borrowed a couple of clean daily drivers. The e30 had only 57k on the odo, but it looked 18 years old and not something out of a BMW museum. I thought they would have brought out "perfect" examples of each car.

Oh well. Missed the evening reception at the Academy of Fine Arts in the evening.

Anyone else go today?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way, no one asked if we were BMW CCA members.

·
In Driving Heaven
2,772 Posts
Why would you need to be a BMW CCA member to attend? I'm pretty sure if you sent in one of the cards that comes with the BMW Magazine, you would get an invite.

·
Who, me?
2,733 Posts
Spectre said:
Why would you need to be a BMW CCA member to attend? I'm pretty sure if you sent in one of the cards that comes with the BMW Magazine, you would get an invite.
The "3 drive" in the morning is a CCA only event... The "See the 3" at Noon is open to just about anyone..

"Celebrate the 3" in the evening is open to CCA members and local BMW center customers.

I'm scheduled for Cleveland, which is about a 4.5 hour drive for me... I don't think I'm going.. I found out that the "3 Drive" doesn't mean you actually get to drive the new 3 series.. It is a parade where you drive your own car.... woohoo...

regards,
kyfdx

·
In Driving Heaven
2,772 Posts
Ah, I get it. The one I was looking at (Monterey) is different because it's held in conjunction with Marque Madness. By the time I had heard the spiel on what I could do and how much I could spend to participate, I decided it wasn't worth it. Way too much trouble. I suppose I should have signed up for San Francisco, but I didn't want to take another day off from work. Only Bimmerfest 2005 warrants that. :D

·
Padawan
1,430 Posts

·
Livin' like Larry!
8,850 Posts
JonathanIT said:
I'm not sure if it will be the same everywhere, but it looks like this is what the New Yorkers got. Take a look at the last pic:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1132559&postcount=1

--J.
Hmm... Posters (nice), coffee mug (too many of those already), steering wheel for key chain (?) (too much crap on my key chain as is)... Eh, would have been nice to attend, but don't think I missed out on anything major... thanks for the link!

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,348 Posts
kyfdx said:
The "3 drive" in the morning is a CCA only event... The "See the 3" at Noon is open to just about anyone..

"Celebrate the 3" in the evening is open to CCA members and local BMW center customers.

I'm scheduled for Cleveland, which is about a 4.5 hour drive for me... I don't think I'm going.. I found out that the "3 Drive" doesn't mean you actually get to drive the new 3 series.. It is a parade where you drive your own car.... woohoo...

regards,
kyfdx
I was really looking forward to going but I have been disappointed with the reports. It will not be worth the drive to Dallas (4+ hours) and having to spend the night before there since we have been asked to show up at 9 AM.

·
Padawan
1,430 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.