BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Note: I spent a total of 6 months waiting for this vehicle my first deal went south after two months then the next dealer who picked me up, ended up misordering my anthracite trim, so I waited another 2 months and then the problems began).

See other post on "Is my 4.8 a Lemon" #50

What I would like to know is how might one might rationalize the aquisition of a 4.8 replacement V. ordering a "new" 2005 4.4 (fully loaded: premium, sport, 19's, rear climate, cold wheather, nav, ride height...62K MSRP) i.e. very comparable to a base 4.8, so that one might not have to wait an additional 2 month for a car that isn't worth it?

My concern is that hypothetically, if one accepted these terms of a "new" 2005 4.4 wouldn't it depreciate significantly since it is so late in the year, additionally as soon as the 2006's are released (2 months after one would hypothetically accept the replacement) wouldn't it be worth even less?

Conversely, if there were a 4.8 available (There is!) wouldn't it be a fair and logical replacement, if the one whom has had such a very dissasterous experiece with their current 4.4 be entitled to that compromise?

I opine that if the dealer wanted to make this "RIGHT" for the customer that a 4.8 would be the the most appropriate choice, since there are no 4.4 built to the exact same specs. at this time. (without Lemon law attorneys)

Does anyone know what happens to the vehicles once the get bought back?

Do they resell them as "certified" V. a "Lemon" ?

What is the monitary value of the vehicle in either case?

It just seems to me that one would be saving the dealer alot of $ by taking the 4.8 and the monitary difference of a 4.8 being sold at their "cost" would be far less than involving attorneys and badging the vehicle. Therefore, no money is made or lost technically, which is fair considering the circumstances.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quote from "Is my 4.8 a Lemon"

:angel: Just to clarify "In short BMW has offered to "re-purchase" my vehicle after roughly 8-9 visits to their service department: 30 days while the vehicle was not usable and one occurence of a life threatening nature 2/3 which fulfill the criteria in CA as a "Lemon"
Ironically the cliche that "once you drive off the lot" you're SOL is apparently true...
Within 24 hours of leaving the lot I had a my first of many problems "trans. failsafe prog." I got this vehicle in late February
The second problem was a faulty fuel pump (hissing noises from the rear axle)
Third was a beeping noise, which turned out to be a defective instrument cluster, which was diagnosed after taking the vehicle to second dealership since the other one was useless.
Finally the engine stalled on me, while I was driving on the highway. Luckily I was able to exit before getting rear ended; Talk about the straw that broke the calmels back. They later informed me that I had run out of fuel, even though my new instrument cluster read that the fuel capacity was at 1/2 full. At this time the vehicle is only 3 months young.
Currently I am still in the initial negotiation process of BMW "re-purchasing" my vehicle with an option to choose a 2006 X5 4.4i. comparably equipped."

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lemonade anyone?

I'm interested to hear what the final outcome of your deal will be. I've analyzed the number of times I've taken my new X5 to dealer during the 11 months of ownership. The record shows 9 times it's been in with a total of over 30 working days in the service bay. It's time to contact my attorney tomorrow to review my options.

BTW - my X goes returns to the dealer again this week for nasty clunk in suspension. It's the thrid time for this issue. Make that 10x and still well over 30 days in service during the past 11 months. I'm going to contact BMWNA tomorrow to formalize my complaint.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(Detroit Area), Michigan

If you were located in California I'm sure that your X5 would qualify for re-purchase. However, each state has it's own "criteria" and it sounds as though you're taking this matter in the right direction for consideration. Apparently your a very patient person to have waited this long before truly contacting BMW... I suggest that you prepare yourself for more waiting because, since my last conversation with BMW I was informed that I would have a decision for me the next day and I have'nt heard from them since last week... :thumbdwn:

·
BMW NA Customer Relations
454 Posts
BMW Fahrer said:
I'm interested to hear what the final outcome of your deal will be. I've analyzed the number of times I've taken my new X5 to dealer during the 11 months of ownership. The record shows 9 times it's been in with a total of over 30 working days in the service bay. It's time to contact my attorney tomorrow to review my options.

BTW - my X goes returns to the dealer again this week for nasty clunk in suspension. It's the thrid time for this issue. Make that 10x and still well over 30 days in service during the past 11 months. I'm going to contact BMWNA tomorrow to formalize my complaint.
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a proposal on the table; should I accept it ('06 model X5 4.4is. Loaded). The only problem is that I would have to wait another 4-6 months before it would be available according to my special projects guy... :rolleyes:

·
Marine Fish Wrangler
198 Posts
I wouldn't do it personally.
A 4.8 will always achieve a better resale price than a 4.4 regardless of options imo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AussieZ3 said:
I wouldn't do it personally.
A 4.8 will always achieve a better resale price than a 4.4 regardless of options imo.
Either way it dosen't appear that anything positive is going to evolve from dealing with "Stealers", since they like to renigotiate on a constant level.

Apparently they are supposed to "pay me off". Perhaps this is perfect opportunity to choose another company that will treat their cusumers right...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts