BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
jedi knight
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the last heatwave in Nothern California the temperature gauge on the obc is reading -40'. Is there someplace on this fourm that can help repair this problem or can someone direct me to a web site that can help me? :dunno:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had this issue with an 04' Z4 and it turned out that the temp sensor had to be replaced. I think that when it goes bad it reads -40 (as low as it can go). Once replaced it was fine.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
jglover said:
After the last heatwave in Nothern California the temperature gauge on the obc is reading -40'. Is there someplace on this fourm that can help repair this problem or can someone direct me to a web site that can help me? :dunno:
In addition to the "replace it" diagnosis (which is very possible), it may have become dislodged/unplugged. Look under the front passenger-side wheelwell between the tire and the bumper.

Bill

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Do a search here on the E39 forum specifically (Go to search, then Advanced Search, pick E39) on this sensor. You'll find lottsa good stuff and pictures to help you out. It is possible that even the entire panel that the temp sensor snaps into could be gone.

·
Faisal's Profile
36 Posts
Should cost you around $35 to fix, its a DIY task. I lost mine when i had the base of my bumper on a pavement. Check the right side of your bumber behind the fog lamp.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
JFC!!

Why do people reply to posts that are three months old when it was clearly answered already?

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts