Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I want to retrofit $430 folding mirrors to my e60 LCI. There is a bit of consion between folk online if the LCI folding mirrors just plug in and coding or if there is some extra wiring or a different door loom is required.

I've had a look on eBay and the 4 pin plugs on the LCI folding mirrors look to be the same 4 pin plug as my LCI non folding... seems like one side has 3 wires on a 4 pin plug and the other 4 wires on a 4 pin plug...

Do the LCI cars just need the folding type mirror fitting and then coding with $430?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha well what can I say... tinkerer at heart. Seriously where I work is a constant stream of delivery vans all day and I'm parked on the street. Here in the UK the roads are very narrow and my previous 2 e46 cars both had replacement mirrors because of this..

It seems like the number of wires and plugs on the LCI folding and non LCI folding are the same... could this just be a case of plugging the folding mirrors in and coding? Can't be that simple.!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok starting to sniff out some titbits of info on this...

Sept/2003 - sept/2005 mirrors connected to door modules with separate connectors for each function regardless of basic or SA430 option, the mirrors are controlled by the door module.

Sept/2005 - to end of production, door modules removed in favour of a KGM body module, mirror connections reduced to 4 wires 1 connector for basic mirrors and 3 wires 1 connector for SA430 option mirrors, for SA430 mirrors all control codes are sent over a LIN bus to a mini controller inside the mirror, hence the 3 wires (LIN bus, live and ground).

----------------------------------

So.. the LCI powerfold mirrors have a 4 pin plug with 3 wires inside. Ok, now I know what to look for...!

·
Registered
23 Posts
LCI cars with top-view camera option installed, have cameras in the bottom of the folding mirrors. Might account for an extra pin or two. . .

·
Frenchy
316 Posts
2004 525i

So I don't see much left on this thread. did the DIY start somewhere else?

I have a 2004 525i produced 2003/11. I want to install folding mirrors on my baby but not sure what I need to look for and buy. I haven't taken the current mirrors off so I'm not exactly sure what type of connections I'll be working with. I was hoping someone had already gone through this to tell me what I need to do.

·
Frenchy
316 Posts
I have a set of SA430 LCI side mirrors removed from my 2010 E60 if anyone is interested
As far as I have read, I don't think LCI mirrors will be compatible with a Pre-LCI. Something to do with the connector type I think. but on that note, would you be able to post a picture of your LCI mirrors on here? so that I can see the connections?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here you go. There is a DIY on 5series.net.

So I don't see much left on this thread. did the DIY start somewhere else?

I have a 2004 525i produced 2003/11. I want to install folding mirrors on my baby but not sure what I need to look for and buy. I haven't taken the current mirrors off so I'm not exactly sure what type of connections I'll be working with. I was hoping someone had already gone through this to tell me what I need to do.
As far as I have read, I don't think LCI mirrors will be compatible with a Pre-LCI. Something to do with the connector type I think. but on that note, would you be able to post a picture of your LCI mirrors on here? so that I can see the connections?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts