Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
New owner of a 2010 35d. Has been driving great for a few weeks and today shut down on the highway under hard acceleration.
Pulled over and restarted it, drove home fine with no codes or issues then the next time I fire it up it sounds like it's missing on a cylinder and gives codes 446c injector, cylinder 6 activation and code 4f6f high irregular rotation. I cleared both with my foxwell and they instantly came back.
Am I right in thinking injector 6 is done?
Thanks in advance.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,228 Posts
Agree

(Although it is kinda cool when there is that oddball defect that defines a particular model...yet when you call it, you seem like Carnac the Great... ;) )

OP, do some searching for more detals. First posted by Blue Dragon as I recall

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She did get stranded outdoors during a massive rainstorm last week. Shes usually a house cat.
I just looked and there is a very small crack just off centre towards the passenger side.

Would that also throw the transmission code? Fluid and filter are probably due for a change.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,228 Posts
Do you know what an intact rain gutter partition looks like? Look at some images of tohers that have reported the issue. Also, it tend to happen with the long term accumulation of rain water and wetness leading to corrosion and failure. Again, the many threads will have images. And it can happen to garaged cars if they are drven in the rain.

Pop the engine cover off and take a look at the sound insulation laying over that area- if it is wet and rotten.....

Xoutpost may have had the first reports on this, cant recall

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,228 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,228 Posts
Im just asking for the code #

to add to the databank, so to speak

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,228 Posts
Yeah, agree w sunny-j. Related to miss (which causes the crankshaft rotation to become ***8216;highly irregular***8217;.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts