BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone else out there has a production date of 5/10. If so, what status are you currently at? I've read that a couple of people have already reached status 150!

Anyway, being that this is my first post, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm Michael from Irvine, California. I placed an order for a 325i on 4/16, to replace my trusty '92 Camry (that car has taken me through high school and college!). All the posts I've read on this forum have been really helpful and interesting, and I hope that I can offer some of my own experiences once I take delivery of the new car. Ahh...can't wait.

- Michael

On Order: 325i | Topaz Blue Metallic | Black Leatherette | Sport Package | Myrtle Wood Trim | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Moonroof | Folding Rear Seats

Current Status: 112

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Welcome aboard Michael :thumb: Pete isn't kidding. I am one of the ones with a April 12 production date and the wait is still killing me.

You will more than likely find at least a couple of people on the board with the same production week as you. The April 12th gang has 14 people about to take delivery of their car! :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an M3 cabrio on order with a production date of 5/10.

Called yesterday and it's at status 150 (got the VIN, woohoo!)
:D :thumb:

Welcome to the board, Michael!

tortured by the waiting (I'm a masochist or something -- I did this waiting thing to myself with the 330, too).

tammy

·
Realtor/Mortgage Broker
185 Posts
I have a 5/10 production and reached 150 on 4/25. I ordered the car on 4/20(Sat) and dealer placed the order on 4/22(Mon). I didn't think the wait would be too bad, but I sold my E46 on 4/22. :bawling: I am already freaking-out.

When I ordered my 325i last year the dealer called five weeks later, "It's here" I was like, "So what? I'll be in next friday (7 days away). HE asked me to come sooner.

This time around I have a Production number and I'm going insane. I check the Owner's Circle hourly even though it is not accurate. I called BMW three times this week, but twice their system was down, so only one time counts. :D

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Question for folks here. The web site says the current status is "scheduled for production" and there is a VIN showing on the order detail screen. The FAQ at the e46fanatics site says the VIN is assigned when the car goes to status 150. Is the e46fanatics FAQ incorrect?

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I checked the Owner's Circle this morning, and my VIN has been assigned and I'm now listed as "Scheduled for Production"! I'll probably give BMWNA a call sometime next week to check on the official status. Wow...it's only been one week and I'm already going nuts!

I will keep you all updated as my status changes over the next few weeks. Hehe, let's see if we can keep this thread going like the "4/12 production" topic.

Michael

·
Registered
70 Posts
My name is Mike........I live in Miami. You know the place where you could fry eggs on the sidewalks in the summer time.......Anyway to keep this thread going i also have a production date of 5-10-02. The status as of 4-25 is 150. My car is being built at the Dingolfling plant....... Any ideas when this would be reaching the east coast? ......Also the salesman is waiting to apply for the financing as it is only good for 60 days (Bmw Financial). I would like some advice on this as it be great if i could wrap up the financing before car arrives. I think its better not to wait til the last minute even if i have a monthly payment before delivery.....Thanks to all of you for making this a memorable experience!..........It's my first bimmer so i am really excited. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
re: Financing

Mike-

FYI- All the '60 day' window does is lock-in (usually) the interest rate and credit approval. If you exceed the 60 days, its no big deal....just an update with the lender (or BMW) is all that is required.

In either case, you won't be making payments pre-delivery.

Cheers,
Paul

Production Date: 5/10/02

Options: 300i / Ti w/Blk Lthr / SP / CWP / Moonroof / Xenons

1 - 20 of 319 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.