BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This waiting is getting painful.

It didn;t hurt a year ago with the 02 330i b/c I didn;t track the car on the Owner's Circle.

It didn;t hurt with the 01 Z3 b/c the car was sitting on the lot.

But waiting for the replacement for the 330i is painful.

Anyone else out there?

-RChoudry

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Our 5/17 thread got washed away on the 3 Series board so we may as well start fresh here.

I was 112 status as of Thursday. Hopefully things will change this week.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Indeed, the thread did get washed away...
This is probably a more appropriate venue anyhow.

My car went status 150 yesterday, and showed up on the Owner's Circle today as scheduled for production. I also just ordered a V1 to upgrade from my last detector, it should arrive tomorrow.

The wait is rough, but at least it's something to look forward to.

Pres330xi

_________
2002 330xi, Sg/Black 'ette, 5spd, SP, CWP, Bi-Xenons, Moonroof

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just hit status 151 today!

-RChoudry

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do have a week 20 production allocation. The dealer as well as the Owner's Circle site has the car listed as a 5/17 production. We'll see if the fact that the car is "ahead of schedule" lead to an earlier delivery date.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You guys aren't doing so bad. I've been on an M3 waiting list since the end of January and just got production number on Monday. I've got it all set up on the Owners Circle, it's speced OK. It was first given a June 28 production date, but changed to June 21 yesterday. That's some progress. I'm going to get my 328Ci ready for sale, but I've still got to wait til July. The next step will be to make the Performance Center delivery arrangements.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any newsregarding your vehicles with a 5/17 date? I checked today and my vehicle is status 183 (released to the carrier). BMWNA states that it is on its way to the outbound port.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
status 190 today!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm on a week 20 schedule, which I assume is a 05/17 production date. That's what I've seen thrown around here...

Stage 150 as of yesterday. I do my best to call my sales rep only on Fridays :D

Speaking of which, do you think I could call BMWNA with my Canadian product/vin numbers? If so, what's the 1-800 number?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
151 as of 5/14/02

You should try calling 800-831-1117 x 3 and give them your production number - see if they have it in their system- hope they do!

Rchoudry- congrats on the speedy build process! You must have a few "connections"

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah.

This is our third one. I hope somebody recognizes where it's going!

I can't wait for delivery!

·
Registered
123 Posts
FireFly said:
151 as of 5/14/02

You should try calling 800-831-1117 x 3 and give them your production number - see if they have it in their system- hope they do!
I hope so to - then I can harass them daily :thumb:

I try and keep calls to my sales guy down - granted, I've given him/dealership a whack of cash, but I really don't like bugging him every day. Once a week's enough.

However, a faceless droid on the other end of a phone line? All bets are off! :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Andawr,

Does the headlamp washer option come standard in Canada? I didn't see it on your list of goodies.

What other options are you interested in? Fiest-aid kit, pedals, etc..?

·
Registered
123 Posts
RChoudry said:
Andawr,

Does the headlamp washer option come standard in Canada? I didn't see it on your list of goodies.

What other options are you interested in? Fiest-aid kit, pedals, etc..?
Yeah, it's standard. Go here and select 'specifications' - it'll give you the full list.

It amazes me how different the standard options are between Canada and the US. What the US folks consider options we get as standard. Other options are offered in Canada that aren't available south of the 49th.

I wonder why that is? :dunno:

I think the only option I'd consider right now is new pedals - the plastic ones are...unremarkable. I'm getting the ///M steering wheel with the car, but that would have been a definite upgrade - I like the nice thick wheel.

As for other stuff? We'll have to see. The new car is my first BMW, so I really don't know what I'll want to change - most likely, I'll be perfectly happy with it :thumb:

·
Registered
123 Posts
FireFly said:
151 as of 5/14/02

Just tried calling BMWNA - no dice. I guess they really don't have access to Canadian production numbers.

Make you wonder why they're called BMW North America :dunno:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts