BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I really dont like the way BMW is going with there body styles.. But that 5er looks kinda cool!

·
Registered
985 Posts
If BMW moves the styling back in the direction of the previous generation ( pre 2004) 5 series, it has to be an improvement. The new 7 series is a substantial improvement over the previous model which was VERY ugly.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I really dont like the way BMW is going with there body styles.. But that 5er looks kinda cool!
yea, it's a little hard to get used to.

BUT the new z4 LOOKS SICK! i've only seen it once!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
It looks like a Chevy Malibu IMO. Yuck!

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
If BMW moves the styling back in the direction of the previous generation ( pre 2004) 5 series, it has to be an improvement. The new 7 series is a substantial improvement over the previous model which was VERY ugly.
I agree about the improvements on the 7er, especially with the removal of the "Bangle Butt." But, with the 5er I'd rather see a step forward in styling rather than a step back. I'm thinking these spy shots are showing the F10 to be just a little too plain. JMHO

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm trying not to judge until I see it in the metal, but so far I think I hate the new 5. I'm a huge E60 fan.

I also hate the new headlights for the E92/E93 LCI if those spyshots are accurate. Ruins what I think is an awesome car.

I do think the new 7 is a big improvement, I just don't think the 5 should look just like it!! I fear BMW p*ssying out and going back to 'one fairly dull sausage, different lengths.'

·
Registered
658 Posts
Certainly does not appear to be groundbreaking styling. I am sure it will grow on me over time.

Maybe its just me, but when BMW redesigns a model, I don't think they make the prior model look obsolete. I still love the way the E39 looks and a 2001 7 E?? still looks elegant. It did take me years to grow to love the E60. I'm on my second.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts