BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 518i 1990 E34 and its been missing lately when I'm revving. And the repair shop told me that the air flow sensor should be replaced, and it costs me around 1000$ because that they don't have the stocks and will have to import it from Germany. I found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASS-AIR-FLOW-METER-0280202209-BMW-E30-E36-E34-Z3-318i-318is-318ti-518i-518g-1-8-/141029816778?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d60839ca&vxp=mtr

on eBay and i want to know that whether it will fit to my 518i and is this product reliable ?
the part number i need is 13627547980 and this eBay product says that it fits to that part number, if anyone having experience on this please share ._a_

·
Nothin like an E34
3,548 Posts
They made an E34 518i, available in Europe and surrounding, it was a I4, manual, economy car

It does say that it is comparable with your P/N, and the seller does accept returns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you sure that your 518i is an E34...? It's usually an E28 up to year 1988.
Hi there, I am driving a 525i e34 which has been missing a lot and have a tractor like sound when driving lately. I checked and changed sparkplugs, replaced silencer box and now was told its airflow meter. How do I do it manually and what other probe can there be please

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
What fuel octane level are you using? I may be misunderstanding the described symptoms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi thanks for replying TheEinstein. I am using LRP. Vehicle misses a lot and very sluggish. There is also no power in my driving and I use more fuel than expected.

·
Nothin like an E34
3,548 Posts
Not sure what a manual setting is, but if you look in the bible in my signature, there is an adjustment you can try, but you may just need to replace it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure what a manual setting is, but if you look in the bible in my signature, there is an adjustment you can try, but you may just need to replace it.
OK tell me what is the cause why bmw is so sluggish and have no power while driving. It drives like air is escaping. I replaced the silencer box due to a small hole in it, change the sparkplugs and replaced the fuel filter. The airflow throttle was about loose so I tightened that aswell but still it still have a tractor-like sound when driving and no power at all. I also use way too much fuel than expected. It also cuts out when idling. I do get a lot frustrated due to one problem after another and nothing gets solved.

·
Nothin like an E34
3,548 Posts
How was the air filter looking?
I did not say the AFM is not the cause, but that it may have gone bad.

Disconnect the AFM, if the car then runs fine, it is good indication the AFM is indeed the issue.

What year is you car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honestly for me it looked ok . I was told to adjust the setting then it will drive smooth again. Its a 1989/90 model e34 525i

·
Nothin like an E34
3,548 Posts
Disconnect it and see if the car runs better, you can also try the adjustment in the bible as well if you want to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts