BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
Alright,

#1- Not a lot. You can chip, exhaust, intake but wont get a lot of hp gains. You could always take out some stuff. Like spare in trunk, replace hood with carbon fiber hood, replace trunk with carbon fiber trunk. There is a bunch you could take out to make it lighter but, it wont look like a normal, clean looking, E39.
Chip Here +5.2 hp +7.5 lb of torque - $369.99
Intake Here I dont know of the gains, but they are VERY LITTLE, like less than 3 hp gain - $389.95
Exhaust - Basically, will just lower the weight. There arnt any gains from the muffler it self. People will swap their muffler (normally for a Magnaflow) and their resonator

#2 - Well, yes. Do you want to see the name of song/artist/playlist/album? If so, there is the DICE, or Intravee. These costs upwards of $250
If you just want good quality sound and cheap price, but yet, OEM. The BMW Aux. Input. It cost $40 and you can grab it at your dealer.
DICE Here - $160 without any options that you NEED to choose
Intravee II Here - $250

·
Registered
790 Posts
Not one normally to agree or kick a man when he's down (Sure someone's gonna say otherwise)

But you would be better off getting a different car if you want it "Faster."

If you've got a manual gearbox your in okay shape. Andy's right. Start dropping weight all over the place. you CAN Replace the hood, redo the exhaust, and replace the roof (Carbon Fibre or OEM BMW Plastic, but you loose the sunroof.) So... That's step 1. The more weight you loose, the better the car is for gas mileage anyway.
Again, Second the Chip, Intake, Exhaust - You won't be gettting more POWAH! But you will be getting better accelration and gas mileage. I have a feeling thats what you want, not really more POWAH!

And Intravee or DICE

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
Bore it out, supercharge it, get a custom chip built, lighten it up, it'll only cost you the price of an M5.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i have to agree, if your looking to go fast in your 525i it will cost you alot of money. your better off getting a 540 but keep in-mind that you will need lots of money just to keep the tank at full.

my 525= slow:cry: but it's my family car and i don't race or push her hard:nono:.

·
BimmerJunkie
3,819 Posts
i have to agree, if your looking to go fast in your 525i it will cost you alot of money. your better off getting a 540 but keep in-mind that you will need lots of money just to keep the tank at full.

my 525= slow:cry: but it's my family car and i don't race or push her hard:nono:.
+1

I don't really "push" my 528 except on the freeways and when the wife is not in the car with me....heheheh, but yeah the 540 is a beast and a gas guzzler but oh so fun to drive :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Also realize that parts for a 540 cost a buit more than for a 525 or 528.

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
Look at it this way....

Even if I supercharged my 530 (which is already faster than your 525) I would still be slower off the line than a STOCK 540.
No joke.

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
Look at it this way....

Even if I supercharged my 530 (which is already faster than your 525) I would still be slower off the line than a STOCK 540.
No joke.
You missed the other thread.

Lighter engine, supercharged, it'll do 600hp. At least. See the other thread for more nfo and the fight over whether it can or not, seems "can do" is winning.

Beisansystems is a DIY. Didn't you read the DIY section on the site? It's a lot of work but not ridiculous.

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
You missed the other thread.

Lighter engine, supercharged, it'll do 600hp. At least. See the other thread for more nfo and the fight over whether it can or not, seems "can do" is winning.

Beisansystems is a DIY. Didn't you read the DIY section on the site? It's a lot of work but not ridiculous.
Show me a supercharget KIT that will do that. Not Warren's turbo bull****

What is your problem?

I know it was a DIY, i was kidding. It looks hard as ****

·
Tha All-star
1,251 Posts
Tony, why did you buy that car. Thorough answer please. I want to see what was the mentality behind buying that car.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The "fight" was never over the turbo charging potential, it was over the proprietors knowledge of turbocharging basics, and, well, never mind.... :angel:

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Show me a supercharget KIT that will do that. Not Warren's turbo bull****

What is your problem?

I know it was a DIY, i was kidding. It looks hard as ****
If I can do the Beisan Systems DIY for the Vanos seal replacement, then anyone can...
Give me a break...
:tsk:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ironically Enough - If I'm not mistaken

(Completley ignoring the rest of this fight)

the 2.8/2.5 Liter version of the engine fairs better from supercharging rather than the 3.0. I'm probably wrong, but I know the 2.8 liter does VERY Well with an SC compared to the 3.0 liter. I think the 2.5 also takes up after the 2.8

1 - 20 of 23 Posts