BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 525tds models bleed coolant automatically or is there a hidden bleeding screw somewhere that I've missed?

The car keeps blowing cold air if im idling or driving very slow in traffic, can't figure out why, so I'll try to bleed it again and again.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Does anyone know if the 525tds models bleed coolant automatically or is there a hidden bleeding screw somewhere that I've missed?

The car keeps blowing cold air if im idling or driving very slow in traffic, can't figure out why, so I'll try to bleed it again and again.
I don't know the 525 that well but my 530i has a small line that is at the top L/H side of the radiator that returns to the tank where I add fluid. I have had great success bleeding it at the radiator there. As to no heat at idle, I have been told by some here that on my car, if the ex water pump is bypassed or not working it will cause the exact same thing you are talking about with no heat at idle. Good luck with your car :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
he fi

Thanks! Can you explain where and how hard it is to replace this ex water pump? :)
On my car it is right under the heater control valves mounted on the fire wall on the drivers side. It is about the size of a ltr. bottle and mounts to the bottom of the valves. I don't know if the 525 is the same so I will ask others to reply. On mine, a new one cost about 125 bucks. Good luck with your car :)

Don't know if this helps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDgVF-d04AU

1 - 4 of 4 Posts