BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this have been talked before. I would like to show you all how easy this project really is.

Materials Used

1.0 I used a dental flaws to separate the badge from the car.
2.0 I applied the Bug & Tar Remover in circular motion.
3.0 I hand buffed it with cloth towel.
4.0 I repeated steps #2.0 and #3.0 until all tape is removed.

5.0 I applied Carnauba Wax for a good shine.

Feedback...

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
I love the debadged look. I did it on our e90... clean.
Probably looks the best with white color

nice job

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Not only it looks clean and smooth, it is also so much easier to clean and wax. Also, it makes whoever is behind you second guessing.

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
^ +1

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Russ
170 Posts
+1 i like the way it looks debadged as well but i'm always left wondering if the people that debadge would still do that if they owned a 540 or an M5.

·
BMW Genius @ BMW Portland
2,198 Posts
+1 i like the way it looks debadged as well but i'm always left wondering if the people that debadge would still do that if they owned a 540 or an M5.
but dont you own a 540? :D

but +1 on debadging it. i did it to my e30. way better

·
Russ
170 Posts
but dont you own a 540? :D
yes, i have a 540...and i haven't debadged it nor do i think i could do it. i guess i feel that is the only thing that seperates my sled from most others since the all look the same. i'd prefer to scream out loud that i have a V8 <~~~some self confidence issues i guess, LOL. i was wondering more if people that actually do debadge would still do so if they owned a 540 or M5.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My 540i //M-tech.

Yeah, I did same to mine just to try the looks and liked it so much that I decided to keep it that way. Besides, there are other signs that tell what the car is on the 2003 540 sport :thumbup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, I did same to mine just to try the looks and liked it so much that I decided to keep it that way. Besides, there are other signs that tell what the car is on the 2003 540 sport :thumbup:
I think that only an e39 owner could tell the different between them, before buying the Beast I would always have to look at the back. Now that I own a beast, I could easily tell what type it is, by just looking at the height, rims, or chrome.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Lookin' good man. Nice and clean just like it should be. :thumbup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
i was wondering more if people that actually do debadge would still do so if they owned a 540 or M5.
A debadged e39 to me says you have the 6cyl under the hood and you want to hide that fact. I find the irony in debadging a 540/M5 to be quite amusing and is probably a good reason why someone would do that. There are other ways of letting people know you have a V8 than plastic lettering glued to your trunklid.

(And yes, there is irony in the fact that my avatar is of the 540i badge on my car... :))

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
It's called a "sleeper". Which makes any kill about 10x sweeter. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first post:

I am going to debadge my 528i when i get home, i like the clean look. Im not trying to hide my 6cyl, i couldnt afford a 540i, ill tell you straight up. Also, good job on the debadging, looks legit. I would debadge no matter what 5 i had. The people that really appreciate bmw's should be able to look at various parts of the car and realize what model it is, even with modificatios to the exterior, no badge is necessary.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I like the badgeless look as well. Nice job on the removal, looks clean.

I also like this look though. I am trying to find something that says E39. Guess might try the custom ones

·
Used and Abused
777 Posts
I would love a e39 badge

1 - 20 of 31 Posts