Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2008 528i sedan 6 speed Manuel. Been sitting with out battery for a few months as before I decided to work on it. I replace the serpentine belt that was ravaled around crank pulley. Replace tensioner due to the cause of belt slipping off. Also battery light was on on the dash battery tested good alternator had a draw. a bad resister repaired and replaced No battery draw after repair charging system was at about 13.7 13.9. With a load .After repair was carried out went to test drive car wouldn’t pass 3500 rpm’s without falling on his face. Then accelerating right after it does the jerk and then does it consistently after each gear picks up speed. I got a code 2D1E Accelerator pedal module, Pedal value transducer 2, voltage supply. Tested power Going to petal module had two wires with constant power of 9 V two wires that fluctuated as I press the gas pedal and two other wires that were supposed to be ground but when I tested there was no ground. I looked at all grounds on the vehicle clean them and they were all clean already. Next I started to get intermittent starting problems with the vehicle. Replaced the pedal still had the same problem And also still had a new intermittent starting problem let the car sit. started it the next day it started up first crank went for a test drive it still decided to fall on its face about at 3500 rpm’s but this time it came back with no codes and After i shut it off and vehicle decided to not start ever again I went through testing the starter I had a lag on the Bendix not popping out too far had it repaired and replaced still had no crank no start and this is also a pushbutton BMW. And also no codes still stored in the DME after pedal alt. And starter replaced. but still have no ground at the pedal module what do you guys suggest that should do from here. I want to test voltage to the starter one more time tomorrow and see if clutch pedal safety switches activating when it supposed to. Anybody had this problem please let me know driving me crazy also customer just informed me that they had jumpstart the car a few times Also checked all the fuses in dashboard and in the trunk all tested good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,218 Posts
You are more than likely in a world of hurt.

Go to the search box on the top of the web page. Put in "belt" and "crankshaft" and start looking at the results.

What happens is the belt gets wrapped around the crankshaft and actually sucked into the engine though the front main seal. There are belt pieces in the oil pan, possibly clogging the oil pump pickup, pieces in the time chain path and other places.

This happens when the belt slips off the tensioner or pulleys. Typically coolant and/or oil leaks or worn out tensioner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also brother, crankshaft seals are made to be sealed tight to keep in oil,and keep dirt out. Now tell me how the heck can the belt get sucked into the oil pan through the seal if the engine is under pressure ?? Thank for the try but that was no help at all! Tested clutch safety switch. Was bad. Replaced start up is perfect!!! One problem solved ! BUT NOW I HAVE THE CRAZY p1625 that won’t go away when I delete with snap on Zeus. Changed pedal still same problem. When I replaced starter, I clean throttle body with soft type brush and TB cleaner. Also check all connections and wires vacuum hoses near intake all good. So what can this p1625 be ?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
When these engines shred a serp belt they are know to get pulled into the engine through the front crank seal, common issue and I have had to repair a few of these over the years for this issue. Why did you clean the throttle body? Do you have another scan tool that you can use besides the Zeus? Their BWM coverage is pathetic, and the rest of their coverage isn't much better. Sorry don't mean to knock your Snap On scan tool it's just that I don't think much of Snap On diagnostic equipment.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
So why did you clean the throttle body? Have you performed a throttle body relearn with the scan tool (don't know if the snap on ones can do it on bmw)?

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
I have 2008 528i sedan 6 speed Manuel. Been sitting with out battery for a few months as before I decided to work on it. I replace the serpentine belt that was ravaled around crank pulley. Replace tensioner due to the cause of belt slipping off. Also battery light was on on the dash battery tested good alternator had a draw. a bad resister repaired and replaced No battery draw after repair charging system was at about 13.7 13.9. With a load .After repair was carried out went to test drive car wouldn't pass 3500 rpm's without falling on his face. Then accelerating right after it does the jerk and then does it consistently after each gear picks up speed. I got a code 2D1E Accelerator pedal module, Pedal value transducer 2, voltage supply. Tested power Going to petal module had two wires with constant power of 9 V two wires that fluctuated as I press the gas pedal and two other wires that were supposed to be ground but when I tested there was no ground. I looked at all grounds on the vehicle clean them and they were all clean already. Next I started to get intermittent starting problems with the vehicle. Replaced the pedal still had the same problem And also still had a new intermittent starting problem let the car sit. started it the next day it started up first crank went for a test drive it still decided to fall on its face about at 3500 rpm's but this time it came back with no codes and After i shut it off and vehicle decided to not start ever again I went through testing the starter I had a lag on the Bendix not popping out too far had it repaired and replaced still had no crank no start and this is also a pushbutton BMW. And also no codes still stored in the DME after pedal alt. And starter replaced. but still have no ground at the pedal module what do you guys suggest that should do from here. I want to test voltage to the starter one more time tomorrow and see if clutch pedal safety switches activating when it supposed to. Anybody had this problem please let me know driving me crazy also customer just informed me that they had jumpstart the car a few times Also checked all the fuses in dashboard and in the trunk all tested good.

Also brother, crankshaft seals are made to be sealed tight to keep in oil,and keep dirt out. Now tell me how the heck can the belt get sucked into the oil pan through the seal if the engine is under pressure ?? Thank for the try but that was no help at all! Tested clutch safety switch. Was bad. Replaced start up is perfect!!! One problem solved ! BUT NOW I HAVE THE CRAZY p1625 that won't go away when I delete with snap on Zeus. Changed pedal still same problem. When I replaced starter, I clean throttle body with soft type brush and TB cleaner. Also check all connections and wires vacuum hoses near intake all good. So what can this p1625 be ?

The belt getting "sucked in" is not the correct explanation .. What happens is once the belt shreds its strands , the crank shaft spinning catches the separated strands . The strands wind tightly around the crank shaft and get pulled passed the seal into the internals . Once this happens the steel strands can work thier way all the way up to the cam sprockets . not to mention the bottom end . So like twh mentions your engine is in a world of hurt if this is the case , which is not a rare occurrence . And I personally wouldn't crank it over til you can determine if this is what happened,, to be safe . but it appears its possibly too late ..

·
Registered
814 Posts
European_tech, Use the search link at the top of this page and you will find several lengthy discussions, along with the carnage. Hope the engine isn't toast.

Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts