BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

528i ABS REBUIlD SCAM

1581 5
A couple months ago i sent my abs unit in for a rebuiId but when i received it i never reaIIy worked right and my car has allways been serviced frm what i can tell so i read the forums over and over and decided to by a hydro unit just to be sure $70.00 wasted. so the rebuIder is on ebay and here is what was said

repair was done back in March.First time hear from you "error that was on the moduIe you gave it to me in this condition you shipped it back to me that way"Kind a weird get it six month later. Ship it back anytime, I will check it out.- modulerepair Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: modulerepair
Subject: Re: Returns: sent a message about 1999 2000 2001 BMW 528 528i ABS Pump Control Module Bosch Repair Kit 98 00 01
Sent Date: Sep-08-12 12:06:55 PDT

Dear modulerepair,the error that was on the moduIe you gave it to me in this condition you shipped it back to me that way i thought you guys tested it before sending it back to me if it was unrpairabIe the first time i sent it in and you returned it to me in haIfway working condition you shuId of just soId me a unit that wouId work im aware i rushed you guys the first time because i was trying to go on a road trip "sorry" s where and when wouId be a good time to ship the moduIe back for a fuII repair-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: me
Subject: Re: Returns: me sent a message about 1999 2000 2001 BMW 528 528i ABS Pump Control Module Bosch Repair Kit 98 00 01
Sent Date: Sep-08-12 10:12:34 PDT

Dear me,this code is come when one of the solenoids at the bottom of the ABS module is broken off the base (2 contacts for each solenoid). usually happened during removal-installation.could be repairable. could be not.- modulerepair

To: modulerepair
Subject: Returns: me sent a message about 1999 2000 2001 BMW 528 528i ABS Pump Control Module Bosch Repair Kit 98 00 01
Sent Date: Sep-08-12 09:44:23 PDT

Dear modulerepair,yes i had my unit repaired but now its acting up again before i was read a 31 Inlet valve front left so i changed ever other part of the abs brake even hydro unit i was toId the particIar code fauIt couId be either in the wheeI sensor or the abs moduIe itseIf i stiII and aIIways has the 3 Iights. but the unit speed has went out again when warmed up. I need to send the unit in for another repair and needed the correct procedure for a repair.

Now remeber i am not experienced in a abs unit at aII so the codes that he gave me and instrucked me it was a probIem with the car and im supposed to have a Iifetime warrenty on the abs what do you think.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Wow that was painful to read. Hope your keyboard is broken because using "I's" for "L's" is very annoying to look at.

Anyway....did the repair come with a warranty?
Sorry yes my keyboard is broke those dar n kids drinking juice lol yes he claim a lifetime warranty and said send it back by y has it taken me 6 months and im like your the expert repair man I know nothing about abs repair. Just what is posted on the forums I was originally thinking my angle sensor was off until the speedo went out again
speedo input is linked to the LH rear wheel speed sensor.the sensor harness breaks over time.check that one out first before doing anything else.

steering angle sensor gets input from the LH front wheel speed sensor.check that one out as well.

and when i mean check them out...is to check them for physical condition.

many a time many people were thown off to fixing the abs module when the actual fault lies with the wheel speed sonsors....

just basing on my personal experience......yours cud be different.....but worth checking
Sorry yes my keyboard is broke those dar n kids drinking juice lol yes he claim a lifetime warranty and said send it back by y has it taken me 6 months and im like your the expert repair man I know nothing about abs repair. Just what is posted on the forums I was originally thinking my angle sensor was off until the speedo went out again
Im kinda unsure which side there on one forums say left and the other say right im confused on which is which my cruise control does work. But which side would that be. But ill check them anyway thanks also
WowitsreallyhardtoreadthisthreadbutIwillstilltrytohelpbecauseIthinkallyouneedarethesetwolinks:

- SummaryofallknownABScontrolmodulerebuilderoptions&newsupplierswithprices (1)

- HowtodiagnosetheBMWamberABSBRAKEDSC/ASCtrifectaorbifecta (1)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.