BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, is there a fast way of turning the blower on and off?

When I turn the engine on, the blower normally comes on, though not predictably. So it seems to have a life of its own.

Now, to turn off the blower, you have to keep hitting decrease in a way I find a pain in the ass, especially since it takes your eyes of the road.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah i have similar problem when i start the engine (auto) blower goes one i can change the temp. settings but it still goes on when i start the engine. I know it is something with automatic climate control, but i don't know how to change it to the way it won't be turning on when i start the car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah but when i lets say i'm leaving the car and the system is off right it still goes one when i start the car over a gain

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thanks for bringing it up.

It's supposed to work that way (emphasis on supposed).
Sorry I didn't mean to be "Captain Obvious", but to be honest some people really don't know that.

I would suggest taking a look at your FSR "Final Stage Resistor", it's a common problem that affects the heating and air problems.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No no, I wasn't being sarcastic - it's supossed to work that way and it clearly isn't, and I'm miffed. Thanks man.

FSR huh?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw Elvis' post, and it's defintely something to keep in mind. In these cars, the problems seem much worse than mine.

Either I have another problem, or I'm in the early stages of FSR failure.

Bollocks.

Thanks very much RC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts