BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if any of you have improved your cars's audio system. Specifically: What have you added? What have you kept the same? How do you like it now?

Thanks,

Brooks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi,

I am in the middle of replacing the stock 'Stereo' system in my car. The 'stereo' in my car is the basic six speaker setup that was not available in the US, no amp in the trunk at all. I am putting in the top hifi, DSP system, just about there now.

I have found the Nokia sub enclosure in the trunk to be dissapointing, so I am going for the M-Audio subs, going to order them this weekend, once I get all the part numbers together. It should a lot better with these subs.

I am quite pleased with the DSP system so far, much better than what I had, although I am tempted to replace the front door speakers with some aftermarket high quality speakers, maybe at a later date. I have too many parts to fit already!

Neil

·
Registered
405 Posts
no8080 said:
Hi,

I am in the middle of replacing the stock 'Stereo' system in my car. The 'stereo' in my car is the basic six speaker setup that was not available in the US, no amp in the trunk at all. I am putting in the top hifi, DSP system, just about there now.

I have found the Nokia sub enclosure in the trunk to be dissapointing, so I am going for the M-Audio subs, going to order them this weekend, once I get all the part numbers together. It should a lot better with these subs.

I am quite pleased with the DSP system so far, much better than what I had, although I am tempted to replace the front door speakers with some aftermarket high quality speakers, maybe at a later date. I have too many parts to fit already!

Neil
i can change my stock 10 speaker sounddydtem to DSP???

·
Registered
146 Posts
BMW528i_Bilal said:
i can change my stock 10 speaker sounddydtem to DSP???
Yes you can, it a fair bit of work though.

But on the plus side some of your speakers are already the right type. You need the DSP amp, second hand off ebay, new audio wiring loom and then you might need to change some of the speakers, or their wiring. Reason for this is the speaker connectors are different, so some speakers fit and work striaght away, some don't.

I think with the 10 speaker hifi, it's the rear shelf speakers that will need the connector changing, or you can buy new speakers.

Some people say it is not worth it and too expensive, I got my DSP amp for $80. Perfect condition, almost new.

Adding the m-audio option is great, well worth it.

I changed my audio system while adding sat nav, I just bought the dsp sat nav wiring loom instead of the basic stereo version, just finishing changing the speakers, as the basic stereo system has nothing in common with either the hifi or top hifi setup.

Neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts