BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 530 under the mistaken impression that the Dynamic Handling Package (ZDH) included Active Roll Stabilization (ZX5) and Adaptive Drive (2VA). ZDH only includes those options for a 540, not a 530.

To get those options, I'd have to spend about $8,000 more than the 530 I've ordered (which hasn't entered status 150 yet, so I could change it).

I think the power of the 530 is sufficient for me. I don't think I need the 540 6 cylinder.

So the question is this: are ZX5 and 2VA worth $8,000?

· Registered
420 Posts
I would rather have the active 4-wheel steering that the 530 has over the active roll stabilization on the 540. Adaptive drive doesn't even sound like a real addition thing - they just describe it as the combination of Dynamic Damper Control and Active Roll Stabilization. I would take DDC and 4-Wheel Steering on the 530 over active roll stabilization - especially if it saved $8,000.

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would rather have the active 4-wheel steering that the 530 has over the active roll stabilization on the 540. Adaptive drive doesn't even sound like a real addition thing - they just describe it as the combination of Dynamic Damper Control and Active Roll Stabilization. I would take DDC and 4-Wheel Steering on the 530 over active roll stabilization - especially if it saved $8,000.
That $8,000 premium includes the option for Integral Active Steering (2VH) as an additional option.

Adaptive Drive is supposed to switch between Comfort, ECO, and Sport based on current conditions, GPS, etc.

· Registered
237 Posts
540i is a better option engine wise but I went for the 530i XDrive as well. When I asked about those options integral steering and Adaptive Drive they (dealer, BMW Genius, sales staff) said those were not that necessary .
Integral Steering Wheel can help you maneuver the car easier but I still don't know ,as I have not tested it ,whether a G30 with an Integral Steering Wheel could be as swift as BMW i8 when making maneuvers .I tested my G30 which came without Integral Steering Wheel in same area where my i8 could turn without making any extra steering "wizardy" and I had to back and forth once to pass the same spot whereas in my i8 I could do it without any maneuver

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Integral Active Steering is an option for the 530i, and I've ordered it. The only things I can't order are Adaptive Drive and Active Roll Stabilization. Those are the two options that I wonder whether they're worth an $8,000 upgrade to the 540i.

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is all moot now. My car went to status 150 this morning, so it's too late to change it. Just as well, I suppose. I'll just have to learn to live without Adaptive Drive and Active Roll Stabilization. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.