BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi!
I own a BMW F07 -10 which has the Stop&Go function installed from factory, but the radar has broken and the unit gives an "Internal fault" error code. I went on Ebay and ordered a used ACC Radar with an interchangable partnumber to the one i currently have. I then had to return the radar i ordered as BMW claimed that it was impossible to reprogram it to fit my car because all used radars are bound to the VIN of the car they were originally was placed in (like this post without answers claims http://mhhauto.com/Thread-F10-ACC-SENSOR-LOST).

I was later contacted by another person who claims that this is probably not true and that it is possible to just physically install it myself and then go to BMW for the calibration.

I have googled in vain and was hoping that someone here might have some more information on the subject. Thanks in advance!

/Cliff

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our F07 5 Series forum, you'll get more help in here.

Tim

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
Greetings Cliff.

I would suggest asking this question in the BMW coding and programming forum. The guy I associate with being our guru for all things programming is shawnsheridan (that's his username) and if I were in your position I would PM him that question.

Good luck and please let us know your result.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the warm welcome! Ill pm Shawn and keep you informed if I get any the wiser!

/Cliff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone else is facing this situation: Contrary to what BMW told me it seems to be perfectly possible to replace the ACC with another used one (thanks shawnsheridan). You need to flash the "new" ACC radar using an e-net cable and esys after installing it though (which I will have to look up).
/Cliff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts