BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced the front seat clunking as weight shifts forward/back? I tightened up all the frame bolts but it's still there. If there's an easy fix folks are aware of that would avoid a dealer visit, I'd appreciate it!:mad:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Has anyone else experienced the front seat clunking as weight shifts forward/back? I tightened up all the frame bolts but it's still there. If there's an easy fix folks are aware of that would avoid a dealer visit, I'd appreciate it!:mad:
Yep - I have it a tiny bit.

I have read of at least one person who reported it under warranty and got a new seat I believe.

It's not the bolts holding the seat to the car, its something in the base of the seat in mine. Not massive enough to warrant a dealer visit yet but it may get worse with time.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have the same issue with my 18 540. Is there a service memo or something I can show to my dealer? I do have the luxury seating pkg if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
70 Posts
Unfortunately, I’m not aware of a service bulletin but it took two visits to resolve the issue for a 540 with multi contour seats. I insisted on taking the tech for a quick drive in order to duplicate it and ultimately they replaced the seat frame. Good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have this same issue. It***8217;s not all the time but randomly do I hear it, mainly at lower speeds in stop & go traffic.

When I took my car in for the 10k service, I mentioned this to them but after 3 days, the tech wasn***8217;t able to replicate the issue. I***8217;m not even able to replicate the noise on demand either, but I***8217;ll see if i can point it out to them the next time I take my car in for service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts