1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So two more issues with my 530i:

Interior lights have not worked since I've owned the car

Passenger rear window will not roll down from center console

What do i check for, and how do I get to the bulbs on my interior lights?

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
post in the E39 forum you will get experience of many there

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
post in the E39 forum you will get experience of many there
wtf?

So two more issues with my 530i:

Interior lights have not worked since I've owned the car

Passenger rear window will not roll down from center console

What do i check for, and how do I get to the bulbs on my interior lights?
what have you already checked, and does it operate from the door switch with key on?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Seems to me I read somewhere that all the interior lights run through the overhead console light, check that switch for a loose wire. It does not take much for a window switch to fail, the contacts get dirty and fail to operate. With my Volvo, whenever the window would not go down, a cleaning of the switch is all that is needed.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
I've checked the fuse box under the hood, and all fuses are intact, except for rear fog light one (i dont even have those). Other than that I'm not familiar enough with BMWs to know where else to check.
Your car should have rear fog lights. Dont quote me, but im sure all E34s have them from the factory regardless of destination.

does it work from the door switch with the key in the on position? also did both rear windows die at the same time?

Seems to me I read somewhere that all the interior lights run through the overhead console light, check that switch for a loose wire. It does not take much for a window switch to fail, the contacts get dirty and fail to operate. With my Volvo, whenever the window would not go down, a cleaning of the switch is all that is needed.
This is true, and will be my answer if i get the responce to the above question being a "yes the operate from the door switch"
However, all due respect, Volvos are a very different car to BMWs. I used to own a 940 Turbo Touring. Very much so a sleeper.

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
Whoahhh
Sorry guys I did not see the year.
Happy times for all.
I hope you help the OP.
My apoligies for the error My 530i is an E 39.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.