BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this has been brought up before i would appreciate being pointed that direction..

So to get to the point i crashed the front end of my 530i and is not drivable as of right now. I have 3 parts cars so the damaged parts are easily fixable but one of those parts cars is a 540 which is smashed in the back end but all the parts on it are fine and plan on swapping the motors. So i have come to the experts to help me get this project done. What parts would i need to complete this job? I am mostly conserned about the ews and actually getting the car to start after but again i have every part available just not sure exactly what i need.

What i plan on doing is dropping the subframe with everything still attached to it including the motor and transmission, will be switching the computers and wiring harness, Drive shaft, and the rear suspension including the differential. I dont see how i could be missing something but just in case i came here. So whats the secret to the ews and is there anything else im missing? Sorry for such a long post but wanted to try and touch on all your questions before you ask. I dont want comments saying buy a new 540, ill tell you thats not cheaper than what i plan on doing and i will be doing all the work on it myself over the winter, i live in canada so i have tons of time, thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
So just to check: your 530 needs a new engine and you have a 540 available.
Do you have the necessary programs to recode etc? If not then (from my head so not exhaustive)
So engine, ews, ecu, locks, lcm, dash, subframe, and front suspension.

Coding then drop the locks, lcm, and dash.

I think. Will try to look for a thread but don't think most people go this route because of everything needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts