BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new to me 07' 530xi this weekend. I will need to install winter tires and wheels asap. The car currently has 18" wheels, I will need to go 17's for snows. I ran across a set of 3 series 17" wheels with -34 offset. I believe my factory offset is around -41? Will the lesser offset fit my car without any issues? I would also like to go with a slightly narrower, taller tire, maybe an inch taller, would these fit?

·
Casual Fanatic
2,191 Posts
You're doing all of the right things. 17's are ideal for snow on our cars with a 225/50-17 tire all around. Optimately, any offset 35 - 45 will work as long as it's 5 x 120 lug pattern and 72.5 center bore. You didn't specify which 3 Series, but all E46 wheels (except M3) will fit E60 xi cars.

·
Benz S211 Convert
490 Posts
I have been running 17 x 8 rims with 30 mm offset on my AWD. No problem at all.

·
Casual Fanatic
2,191 Posts
You may be able to go 55 or even 60, but I'd seek expert advice on that first. If the tire aspect ratio gets too out of whack, performance around corners gets wonky.

Believe me, with an xi and a good brand of winter tires (I prefer Blizzaks), you'll be like a tank through the snow without going too crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts