BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a radio station, and a client brought by a 535d for us to drive. It's sitting in the parking lot, right now. It has the clear euro headlights, and looks sweet! This was a fun car to drive. Many similarities to my 330xi. It feels faster, but it's hard to tell for sure. It was raining today, and I really noticed the difference between all wheel drive and rear wheel drive. Good on gas, too. Here are some pictures...

·
Happily Driving
7,215 Posts
Wow, cool! I hope we get them here soon!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does idle really rough when you first start it and at standstills. Rides real smooth on the highway.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm guessing your client works for BMWNA? Did he mention if more will be coming to the US? I can only imagine what mods can be done to that car... :yikes:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Great pics!

Was it a steptronic or manual? There were some rumors on another thread that they may only bring it over in a steptronic if it indeed makes it over the Atlantic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The client is Bosch, and they are working with us to promote their Diesel technology. I'm not sure how they tie in with BMW. They didn't say if it was coming to the states or not. The car was steptronic. I prefer a stick shift but after you get used to the steptronic, it's kind of cool. After I got back in my manual 330xi, it felt sluggish compared to the 535d.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
Diesels are coming to the U.S. It was mentioned quite a while ago. There have been several sitings around the country. We should hear an annoucement soon.:thumbup:

I suspect you will be able to order them starting in September or Spring of 2007 at the latest. Expect to see a diesel 3,5 and X3/5 series.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/bmw_honda.html

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Sweet! It is so refreshing to see a "non-North American" E60 here in the states...with all the "neat" features we don't normally get to see.

Love the lighted lower "reflectors". I bet they are rear fog lights in Eruope (and everywhere else).

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
Ågent99 said:
Sweet! It is so refreshing to see a "non-North American" E60 here in the states...with all the "neat" features we don't normally get to see.

Love the lighted lower "reflectors". I bet they are rear fog lights in Eruope (and everywhere else).
I am looking for to seeing the MPG numbers. Be nice to see a 3/5 series easily top 40MPG.

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
Ågent99 said:

the lower reflectors are just that, reflectors, not lit and not fog lights. You can buy them at any dealer for a few bucks. Rear fog lights in non-US models are inside the main tail light cluster.

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,363 Posts
***197;gent99 said:
Sorry Agent to burst your bubble. You're seeing the reflection from the camera flash. No lit up reflectors. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chuck92103 said:
I am looking for to seeing the MPG numbers. Be nice to see a 3/5 series easily top 40MPG.
The computer said I was averaging "28.5 MPG". I double checked to see if it was giving me KPG, but it wasn't.

·
friend of the marque
4,943 Posts
When doing ED I was hanging out with my cousin who is a BMW brand manager.

One of his BMW supplied cars was a X3 diesel M Sport 6 Speed (also mini Cooper S Conv & 2 BMW motorcycles) and it was AMAZING.
I would get the wife something like that in a heartbeat, but alas it is not avail here.

U can get a VW TDI or MB E320 CDI otherwise I believe that is it - suck...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.