BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2010 535i M Sport. It appears to be completely stock, but the nose seems very low to me, and several people have asked me if I've had it lowered. I've discovered that I need to be very careful when parking in spots with curbs or concrete wheel stops. When pulling in to a parking spot, the lower lip will just barely clear the curb, but it will catch and drag upon reversing, which pulls the bumper cover off of the fender. I've also noticed the front lip scraping over ramps with a moderate to steep approach angle.

Is this typical of the M Sport suspension, or should I investigate further to see if the car was lowered? I would be surprised if lowering were the only modification that had been done to the car, but I suppose it's possible.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've had that happen on high curbs and very steep driveways. I've got 6" of clearance at the lowest point of the front bumper (underneath at the rear edge). My guess is your car wasn't lowered.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It is very normal on my 545I sport. My lower lip is now plasti-dip black. I am more careful now, stay away from curbs when parking.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Thats a typical stance on a low slung suspension .. Wheel stops can do major damage . I keep my distance from those suckers after almost ripping my whole front end off when the bottom lip caught on the rebar that sticks up , backing out of a parking stall .

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Thats a typical stance on a low slung suspension .. Wheel stops can do major damage . I keep my distance from those suckers after almost ripping my whole front end off when the bottom lip caught on the rebar that sticks up , backing out of a parking stall .
YOLO! Living life on the edge.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
OP here is a pic of my 535i in its complete stock form and sport suspension height when I first got it.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466407682.182114.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts