BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I am looking at buying a alpine whit 535xi, black dakota w/ dark bambo trim.

I am looking for feed back on this beautiful machine. What kind of fuel millage are these beauties getting with NORMAL driving?

I am also looking for some performace stuff, exhuast, intake, maybe remapping computer?

Also is the heads up display worth the $, and what about the sports package on the X models?

Thanks For all your Help!!

Noah:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

I am looking for feed back on this beautiful machine. What kind of fuel millage are these beauties getting with NORMAL driving?

I am also looking for some performace stuff, exhuast, intake, maybe remapping computer?

Also is the heads up display worth the $, and what about the sports package on the X models?

First of all welcome aboard!! :roundel:

The specs of the 535xi look very nice indeed. I would steer clear of any performance mods ie. exhuast, intake, maybe remapping computer, as they are all a free pass to BMW not covering something under warranty due to modification so Caveat emptor on any performance mods. HUD is something I decided I could live without but you will hear both sides on it. Sport package is worth it I think.

·
Registered
717 Posts

Good choice. I have AW, Black Dakota and Dark Poplar. It's a great combo, and AW is a perfect color for this car. I also have the MSport package, which is available in Canada from the factory.

Mileage is not something I worry about with a car like this; however I am averaging about 21 MPG (US gals) since new - however about 90% of my driving is urban.

I would also skip the performance stuff for now. The HUD I didn't get, but rather wish I had; but no biggie either way IMO. Bear in mind, with "xi" models none of the sports packages add any performance goodies (this is not the same as in the "i" model).

I think you live in Wisconsin (??) and if this car is a daily driver as mine is, the xi is a good choice. If you lived somewhere there is less winter, the "i" might be the better choice.

I love my "xi" for winter driving, with 4 snows, it is unbeatable.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts