BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
JETPILOT10
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman, the right rear window on my 540 rolled down today, but only rolled up 3/4 of the way before stopping. Something crunched inside the door panel and now the damn thing won't roll down or completely roll up. What should I be looking for when I pull the rear door panel?

Dave

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
I heard this is very common too...same as the radiator. It is always the rear windows too.

·
Premium Member
7,586 Posts
Go here for "how to": http://www.bmwtips.com/

Click on "tips and tricks", then go to "general" and there are two relevant threads, one on door panel removal, another on the window regulator replacement.

·
JETPILOT10
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many Thanks Guys

Thanks for all the input guys, it is very much appreciated! Its always nice to see that folks will take the time to answer a question.

You guys are right, the regulator is shot to hell. I have rear airbags in the doors to I will take it to my indy and have him replace. I don't think I want to experience how fast one of those gas generators can inflate a door airbag...lol

Dave

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,589 Posts
jetpilot10 said:
Thanks for all the input guys, it is very much appreciated! Its always nice to see that folks will take the time to answer a question.

You guys are right, the regulator is shot to hell. I have rear airbags in the doors to I will take it to my indy and have him replace. I don't think I want to experience how fast one of those gas generators can inflate a door airbag...lol

Dave
Easy DIY. Just make sure you disconnect the battery first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts