BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I was driving spiritedly* in residential area in the rain. Not smart. Anyway, i took a corner to close and curb hopped the right side. There was some damage and it seemed that the air pump on passenger side was bent but still fuctioning. Yesterday when I started the car up cold there was a sound coming from the right side and the SES light came on. The car seems to idle more loudly but the sound goes away after 2 min. and then it drives fine. Im scheduled to take the car to get fixed tomorrow. is that what the engine light came on for do you think or is it something else.

David

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,358 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. :thumbup: You should post your question in the 5er forum. You will get a better response there.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Offically?

firehire said:
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. :thumbup: You should post your question in the 5er forum. You will get a better response there.
This distinction only comes from the system (Its owners) after a member reaches 100 posts.

We as members can give a Bimmerfest welcome but the 'Offical' comes from the system/owners of this site.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Ses

TheHire said:
Last Friday I was driving spiritedly* in residential area in the rain. Not smart. Anyway, i took a corner to close and curb hopped the right side. There was some damage and it seemed that the air pump on passenger side was bent but still fuctioning. Yesterday when I started the car up cold there was a sound coming from the right side and the SES light came on. The car seems to idle more loudly but the sound goes away after 2 min. and then it drives fine. Im scheduled to take the car to get fixed tomorrow. is that what the engine light came on for do you think or is it something else.

David
What you've experienced is normal after a hard run with the BMWs. The SES came on but it turned off correct? If so, I suspect it was apart of the computer diagnostics. The car must check all systems during startup. If a sensor doesn't respond in a timely manner the light indicators display but the computer programs are designed to loop back in such cases and then when the senor responds (Correctly), the light indicator goes away.

Good Luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the "accident" was on friday and today sunday I headed over to autozone to get the diagnostic tool and it said 2nd air pressure pump error. which makes me think that its damaged and thats whats causing the whining noise for two min on cold start up. Anything else it could be or do you think its just that.

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,358 Posts
gbelton said:
This distinction only comes from the system (Its owners) after a member reaches 100 posts.

We as members can give a Bimmerfest welcome but the 'Offical' comes from the system/owners of this site.
gbelton,

If you read my title, you'll see that Jon has designated me "The Official Welcomer to the 'Fest". I did not ask for this title, it was bestowed upon me.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
I See..

No Issues here...:thumbup:

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
The Damage Might Be More...

TheHire said:
well the "accident" was on friday and today sunday I headed over to autozone to get the diagnostic tool and it said 2nd air pressure pump error. which makes me think that its damaged and thats whats causing the whining noise for two min on cold start up. Anything else it could be or do you think its just that.
Did you find out anything from the Diag II? You might have damaged the pump as you described. Maybe you want to take it in for a assessment. Don't tell them about the 'Accident'. Let's see what they come up with first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the noticed the pump right away because it is bent behind the wheel well in the front. so it needs replacing. Im taking it in this morning, lets hope they dont find something else wrong with it.
(crossed fingers)
david

·
Dragon Master of TEXAS!
876 Posts
Welcome to the 'FEST! Glad to have you join us! :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest Forums. :supdude: I hope you enjoy the site!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts