BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week this 540 started to jerk a little on quiet accelerations. I noticed some tremble also while not moving while I push the pedal just little over 1000 rpm.

Yestarday I noticed it got much worse. Slow accelerations trmble the seat and the whole car. Keeping rpm on 1300 is not possible, the reading goes up and down in +/- 100 rpm scale.

I replaced all 8 spark plugs just month ago. Now they all look like they should look and none of those is darker than the others. The same time I replaced the breather because of it being torn. After those maintenance issues the car worked fine until now.

Error memory does not show any clear indications of particular failure, only proportional cooling error appears and sometimes oxygen sensor heater error (hasn't been aroun now even though this trembling is there).

Is there a way to test direct ignition coils in any way?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not sure if it will help, but check the tightness of the earth straps to the ignition coils. Mine had worked loose, and with a leaky oil seal had caused a bit of a misfire. Easy to check, so worth a try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts