BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird right. It's been going on for a while and it's small. I finally got annoyed enough to get the old smartphone out and take some movies of the cold engine actively dripping.

Water pump......Only drips when cold. It happens apparently. Google cold leaking water pump.

Around a year ago I replaced the coolant transfer tube, thermostat and a bunch of o-rings. I was a little broke so I left the water pump alone since it had a metal impeller and had obviously been replaced before. I also didn't replace the valley pan, I just used some o-ring lube on the seal and called it good.

Car runs great and I actively watch my temps on Torque. No weird noises or shaft wobble on the water pump.

Ordering parts soon, I'll probably order a new low temp thermostat I located on ECSTuning.

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E60-545i-N62_4.4L/Engine/Cooling/Thermostat/ES2807159/

Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Coolant crossover pipe is leaking at the o ring into the valley pan. It comes out through the weep hole above the water pump. I'm replacing mine this winter. Not looking forward to it, as the entire intake has to come off to replace it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts