Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a part of the possitive battery terminal or is it in a fuse box somewhere?...I sadly blew mine and I'm not sure where to find it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is getting zero power at all. I went to crank it...it was wet and I didnt realize. Key turned over and whole car went dead. I'm guessing that's a Fusible link issue

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
It was wet ?? :dunno:
The car was wet ? The key was wet ? The fuse box was wet ? The battery terminal was wet .the modules got wet ??

We can better help you if you can elaborate and be a bit more specific with the details .

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,461 Posts
No fusible link that I know. How about the Battery Safety Terminal - BST -? Did airbags go off? They fire the BST too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay. So I disconnected the battery terminals to change the VVT motors. I left the trunk open because of this. It started misting while I was inside. I came out and toweled everything in the trunk down. Closed everything up and gave it roughly a day to dry. When I went to crank the car (everything worked fine; interior, lights dash etc.) The moment I moved the key into the crank position everything shut of. No lights, dash...nothing. It made no noise or pop. I thought I maybe smelled a very faint burnt smell with my head in the trunk but nothing strong. And that was that. I couldnt get any power to the car after that. Even with a new battery.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
First thing to try is take out the spare tire out of the trunk . Pull out the styrofoam cover . Confirm that water is not flooding the modules .

If there is no water in the trunk ,, Check for 12 volts at the jump terminal under the hood .. That cable come directly from the battery and leads to the starter .

Get that done and post back with the findings ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts