BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this morning I was installing hid's in my fogs. I was unsure of the bulb I needed because of the M Support so I got a 9006 and H8. Well H8 is exactly what's in the angel eyes of a 2008 550i.
So I pulled that bulb out put in my HID H8 bulb and hooked up the digital ballast. The connectors are different so I'm making a new connectors for both side before doing a permanent install. I'm going to be doing the final installation on Tuesday when I get the other piece in to make the connector. I'll post pictures and part numbers of everything I used. All done for $64.00
I used a 55 watt ballast and 6000k hid bulb.
Looks great and is AMAZINGLY BRIGHT!!!!!
NO ERRORS CODES EITHER
Feel free to contact me for more information

·
E60 Fanatic
65 Posts
Okay so this morning I was installing hid's in my fogs. I was unsure of the bulb I needed because of the M Support so I got a 9006 and H8. Well H8 is exactly what's in the angel eyes of a 2008 550i.
So I pulled that bulb out put in my HID H8 bulb and hooked up the digital ballast. The connectors are different so I'm making a new connectors for both side before doing a permanent install. I'm going to be doing the final installation on Tuesday when I get the other piece in to make the connector. I'll post pictures and part numbers of everything I used. All done for $64.00
I used a 55 watt ballast and 6000k hid bulb.
Looks great and is AMAZINGLY BRIGHT!!!!!
NO ERRORS CODES EITHER
Feel free to contact me for more information
My concern would be the amount of heat generated by the HID bulb in that confined area.
But I don't think I've heard anyone try this before. :thumbup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To reduce the amount of heat to a safe and acceptable level equal to that of the oem halogen bulb I'm going to use a 35 watt kit. Im just waiting for it to come in this week once i get it installation shoukd take about an hour. Ill post pics once comlete.
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.