BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2005 645ci
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been getting a dynamic drive error about every 2 weeks,,, code comes up as 5D5B , ars, pressure build up, front axle faulty…. system has fresh fluid, correct type and level, havnt replaced the reservoir yet though…. slight seepage at the hydraulic fittings,,, level doesnt drop and no stains on the ground… new battery and ivm,, alt is 1 yr old,,,, just ordered lighter gauge to monitor voltage in real time…. am i forgetting anything??

·
Registered
2005 645ci
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, after 15-20 mins , not every time though. i will data log the voltage for the next few days till the error appears…alternator is about a year old, new valeo from fcp, i did have an upper left timing cover oil leak after it was replaced though….when the alternator was originally bad i did get dynamic drive errors but other errors also…. thx for the lead

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
You pretty much need to have a volt meter that you can read when this happens, but it is probably exceeding 15.5 vdc, or higher when you get the fault. Load shed shuts down the DD, to protect it from damage. My VR was putting out 18 vdc when I was getting the fault. Since you got the alternator from FCP, it should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2005 645ci
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive been logging the voltage for the last few days, steady between 13,8 and 14…. no drive errors… my laptop with the bmw software crashed so i connected my scanner,,,, it had a function to relearn and rezero the front axle pressure sensor which i did a few times,,, still gonna change the fluid reservoir as a maintenance item though…. still too early to tell if resolved

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
I saw on Amazon that Bosch has started selling direct to the end user, & cheaper than any other source for their parts. I got a new MAF for 160.00, & everyone else wanted 220.00 or higher. With Prime they are shipping 2 days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts