BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Could anyone help me figure out what exactly is wrong with my bmw x3 e83 2004 diesel m47 engine car?

Ive done a inpa scan and i get theese codes for my 4x4 display. 5EB1 , 5E96, 55C4
Could a faulty ABS sensor cause theese error messages? I know that my passanger side had a faulty cv axle boot, and it got a bit greasy down there, but ive since installed a new abs sensor. But the 4x4 dispaly remains. I really dont want to replace the angle sensor if its possible to avoid that.

Here is the full scan result, picture.
Font Parallel Number

Font Parallel Number Rectangle

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
First thing to try is to reset the SAS's calibration. Engine on: turn steering wheel lock to lock a couple of times.

If that works, had the battery disconnected?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a page on INPA that shows the SAS data. If the data bar tracks +/- , as you turn the steering wheel then the SAS is probably ok but if jumpy or stuck to one side…SOL. Better to diagnose than to shotgun. There is always the dealer 💸💸💸
The sas data shows +/- when steering so im pretty certain its not the steering angle sensor, ill try and replace the plastic gears in the transfer case, see if that fixes my issue. I have the parts cuz its pretty cheap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
small update, it was not the gear in the transfercase that was gone bad. I ended up ordering a used Yaw rate sensor on ebay. Hopefully that wil solve my 4x4 display issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update, got rid of the codes and 4x4 display by replaceing the yaw rate sensor. Now only problem that remains is rpm fluctuation at cold idle from 820rpm - 845rpm real fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts