BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
asc-abs sensors rock!!!!
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyssome idiot backed up on the front of my car today like around noon,anyway he claims he did not see me but i saw his huge ass car ramming my fender,headlight,bumper,hood and thats about it. Luckly the guys has insurance and its gonna pay for the damages and now they have rooling on a tiny yota yaris... I feel like a chick traped in a egg!!!! The damages don't look menassing but quote of the body shop is around 5k all ariginal parts and some hellof a good paint work.:mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
i would say about 5-8k depending on the shop..get the newer front..

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
hmm shop around and make some friends with bodyshops... my personal guy here consistently quotes me about 30% of the first insurance check, unless its a really small job already or it requires a supplement for other stuff.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yup they all quote low at first but when they done it will just bout always be higher.
are you talking about me? if so then what I meant to say that what he actually *charges* me is roughly 30% of the damage quote written by the insurance.

Back in December when I had my fender hit and got rear-ended, the total damage writeup was for about 4800. Total job cost me out of pocket 1600. Even with the 500 ded. I still got back 2700 from that... If you look enough you'll find the good shops that are out there.

edit: just to add to this, the car came back absolutely perfect from my guy and when I got rear-ended again 2 days later, I left it at the dealership for them to handle. They gave it to a local shop that was supposedly highly rated yet they took over a week just to get a supplement submitted to my insurance, then they took another 2 weeks to get a bumper and paint it. When I picked it up, I found half the bumper wasnt correctly painted or polished. After another 2 weeks I got the car back but all this hassle cost over 4k plus rental car overages. If anything I've learned that price doesnt equal quality when it comes to auto shops.

·
asc-abs sensors rock!!!!
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont think it wiill be necesary to exchange my front end since it was a minor accident,if i would of got hit harder and he would of damaged my entire front end then i would push for a 2006 front end but luckly it wasent that bad.I have a friend in the body shop where my car is located as of now,i have seen this mans work and my god is flawless.Hoping to get it back asap...Can't find myself driving the little micro machine they gave me.LOL!!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Back in December when I had my fender hit and got rear-ended, the total damage writeup was for about 4800. Total job cost me out of pocket 1600. Even with the 500 ded. I still got back 2700 from that... If you look enough you'll find the good shops that are out there.
Isn't that insurance fraud?

·
Rastafari
310 Posts
Why would that be fraud. That is the amount the Insurance company says it should cost to fix in a certified repair shop.

If you wanna then take that money and have your buddy,friend,neighbor or uncle do it thats up to you if you wanna take the car to junk yard dump and buy anew one with the proceeds thats up to you.

·
E65/E66 Helper Man.......
1,511 Posts
actually, it is a form of fraud... most insurance companies will send a check in the name of the owner and body shop, to aviod stuff like this... if the insurance company found out that the repair was that much less, they'd go after you for the differance...

·
asc-abs sensors rock!!!!
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
actually, it is a form of fraud... most insurance companies will send a check in the name of the owner and body shop, to aviod stuff like this... if the insurance company found out that the repair was that much less, they'd go after you for the differance...
Yes so youn might want o to delet your reply. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
It's not fraud at all...

They write the check with my name and my lien-holder's name (since its still financed). I can do whatever I want with that check including just cashing it and driving around with a smashed car... the only thing is since the bank owns the car with me, they will require it to be fixed but they dont care about the amount spent. I paid off my loan last week so now the car is completely mine and all checks from now on just have my name on it, so there's no obligation to get the car fixed.

Insurance will usually ask you what shop you're taking the car to but you dont have to tell them, or just say you're looking, but they are required to give you the first check if asked. If you have more damage and need a supplement check, then of course you have to have the car at the shop and have the shop request it and spend it on the repairs.

It's a pretty simple game, the whole point is to have the biggest check written by insurance with the smallest cost of repair by the shop. The bigger the difference the better for you. I'd be happy if it covered the deductible but if I make money there's nothing wrong about it.

The estimate they give me is for getting my car fixed by a professionally certified shop using standard labor rates and parts prices. And they have to do this for every single claim. The only issue would be if you had major pre-existing damage already but not reporting an accident thats really major enough to cause that much damage means your insurance company will drop your policy anyway.

But that is the insurance contract you sign when you get a policy: they give you monetary value for your loss and you can do whatever you want with that money... there are other policies out there that will only fix your car directly and not give you a check and others even cover the dimished value of a car with an accident history.

My insurance can kiss my ass too... when I'm shelling out 8k a year I can do whatever I want. If you guys dont believe me, go call your insurance companies and they'll tell you the same thing. Come on now, you cant be shy when it comes to getting paid :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I dont think its fraud cause insurance company doest care if you fix your car or not they will only pay what the quato is.

·
E65/E66 Helper Man.......
1,511 Posts
after some research, i retract my previous statement... my bad mani, it actually is not a form of fraud... fraud would be damaging it yourself, or lieing about the circumstances to get the insurance money...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
after some research, i retract my previous statement... my bad mani, it actually is not a form of fraud... fraud would be damaging it yourself, or lieing about the circumstances to get the insurance money...
Its all good, I appreciate the looking out since I'd like to know if I really did do something illegal :eek:

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
Get that money player....we know how much it is to fix those asantis every week...:rofl:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts