Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum. Nice to see a forum for those who are suffering like me. I placed the order a month ago and have a june 14 production date. Just called and its at status 150. This wait is brutal. Don't know if I will make it! Any advice?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey same here.. I placed about a month ago and also got the 6/14 date.
Does the production date mean thats when the build starts? Or finishes?

Any idea when we should expect to get the car?

Also how did you find out your status? Is there a way to get that off the bmw website? I couldn't find it under owners cirlce.

thanks and congrats.

·
Registered
12 Posts
6/14 here too. im in New york so im prayin i get my whip in july. Im at status 150 and the fella on the bmwna on the phone said car will start production sometime next week so im guessing its scheduled to be finished by 6/14. Hope thats the case!!

·
330Cic Owner
23 Posts
6/7

My 330Cic is done before my 6/7 production date. Now the wait begins....

Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amardeep24 said:
Hey same here.. I placed about a month ago and also got the 6/14 date.
Does the production date mean thats when the build starts? Or finishes?

Any idea when we should expect to get the car?

Also how did you find out your status? Is there a way to get that off the bmw website? I couldn't find it under owners cirlce.

thanks and congrats.
I don't think the website is all that usefull. It also isn't very up to date. Call this number: 800-831-1117 ext 3.

They will ask your production number. Very helpfull. I was told that the production date is the "estimated" date of completion. I was told my car started production on 6/4 and it would take about a week to get to status 160.

Go to this link for good info on status codes. ( i didn't know what they were):

http://www.bmw330ci.com/330ci_orderguide.htm

I'm in CA, and was told probably would be at the dealer first or second week in August. I believe it would be sooner if you are on the east coast(?)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just checked

Just called. wasn't going to until friday but couldn't wait. status 151. at least there's been some progress.:thumb:

·
Registered
889 Posts
The wait is killing me too.

I was status 151 on 5/31 and as of last Friday it was 190. I thought that the progress would make me feel better, now I think it's worse now that I know it's built and someplace other than here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok fellas................car is offically produced as of today (tuesday). its awaiting transport and i cant sleep at night:p
i thought that was rather quick. My estimated production date was the 14. 4 days ahead schedule!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
illmatic7281 said:
ok fellas................car is offically produced as of today (tuesday). its awaiting transport and i cant sleep at night:p
i thought that was rather quick. My estimated production date was the 14. 4 days ahead schedule!
WOO HOO! Congrats!

I wasn't going to call today. Now I think I have too.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a 6/14 production date and I'm in step 151 (body shop/welding) as of two days ago 6/11. They said another 5-7 days until it gets painted.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SWEEET

Just checked the webite and it shows that the car is waiting for transport. I guess that is probably status 160. I will call later today to find out. :D :thumb:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Good news I called around 5:30pm today and they said I'm in status 155 (Production Complete/Final Inspection)! Come on I want status 160?!? ;O)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hmm I wonder if mine will be one of the last ones to get on the boat since everyone elses car is already at Bremmehaven (i think thats how you spell it).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Status 193

Status 193 as of yesterday:) How's everyone else doing??
Does anyone know the boat schedule? I've been trying to get onto the Wallenius Wilhemsen site, but can't seem to get though to the schedule page.:banghead:

·
330Cic Owner
23 Posts
I had a prod date of 6/7 and my car was shipped on 6/14! It should be here by 6/26! I can't wait! :banghead: I'm getting a steel blue 330 cabrio black soft top with sp and pp. :D

That link is rarely up for me.. but if you look at the spreadsheet the next boats scheduled to leave are:

AIDA Jun-19 arriving at New York July-2
Atlantic Concert Jun-22 arriving at New York July-9
Hudson Leader Jun-30 arriving at New York July-12

The wait is killing me!

Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spreadsheet

I found that spreadsheet. Unfortunately, the next boat that goes to Hueneme (sp?) leaves the 21 or 24, can't tell. Hope I get on it!!:tsk:

·
Registered
12 Posts
damn......i hope i get on the boat that leaves today (the 19th). That puppy arrives july 2nd.....thats my birthday, granted it prolly wont be at dealer for at least a week after that. i called today.....and they said status 193 so im hoping they just werent notified it was being shipped today:(

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To make the wait even more painful, I took my (current) car into the delaership today to have the radio looked at. The radio died. I now have a hole in my dash and have no tunes for 2 to 4 weeks.:confused:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts