Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I thought those of us scheduled for production in June could start our own thread!

I'm picking up in Munich on 7/9 and dropping off in Geneva a few days later.

Anyone else on a similar schedule? What have you ordered?

·
Registered
148 Posts
6/14 production date

current status is 150 :thumb: the wait is painful. ordered steel grey 330ci, PP and SP. Never owned a BMW before and wanted something fun to drive. (i have a honda crv now) I live on the west coast, and don't expect delivery before august.

I wonder how I'm going to the paving stones home from Home Depot when I get rid of the CRV :yikes:

·
330Cic Owner
23 Posts
My production date is also 6/7. But I checked the BMWUSA site and it was already done! I have to call tomorrow and find out where it is. I am not doing the Euro delivery so I have to wait for the boat ride over. If your car is going to be done tomorrow why wait until July to pick it up?

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Week 23 (6/7) - Done !

Car was finished yesterday (Thursday). Now I'm waiting for the boat ride over. I'm doing the Performance Center Delivery. Scheduled date is 7/19. My best guess is the car will be in the US by July 4.

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Euro Delivery

mleelun said:
My production date is also 6/7. But I checked the BMWUSA site and it was already done! I have to call tomorrow and find out where it is. I am not doing the Euro delivery so I have to wait for the boat ride over. If your car is going to be done tomorrow why wait until July to pick it up?

Mike
The wife and I are doing a bike ride called the European AIDS Vaccine Ride from Amsterdam to Paris in early July, then we'll take the train to Munich for pick-up.

The car is a 325xiT with steel blue and natural brown. I've never seen a wagon with those colors before; just of a sedan that Jon Shafer sold to Khuzud. The Euro Del savings, plus the 'CCA rebate gave me justification to go a little bonkers and order SP,PP,xenon,navigation,CWP, and HK.

I think that the navigation system with European CD's may save my marriage while we're driving the car!

·
330Cic Owner
23 Posts
Status 193!

My car hit status 193 as of June 7th! Now its sitting there waiting for a boat. I think the next boat is scheduled to leave this Thursday. I am hoping it makes it.

Mike

·
Registered
889 Posts
Status 190 as of 6/7. It's a 325 though, so that means a long trip from SA.

"Time waits for no man" - Sure, let that genius order a BMW and see what he has to say then! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Status 190 as of 6/10 - on the train ...

Looks like I'll miss the 6/11 sailing date.:cry:
Oh well. Strong chance I'll make the 6/17 date.

·
330Cic Owner
23 Posts
Re: Status 190 as of 6/10 - on the train ...

pakoenig said:
Looks like I'll miss the 6/11 sailing date.:cry:
Oh well. Strong chance I'll make the 6/17 date.
How do you know there is a 6/11 sailing date? I looked up the wallenius web page and didn't see that date leaving from bremerhaven.

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
6/11 date - the ISOLDE

Do a "search" function. I've posted the schedule for June and July on this forum

·
330Cic Owner
23 Posts
Re: 6/11 date - the ISOLDE

pakoenig said:
Do a "search" function. I've posted the schedule for June and July on this forum
Thanks! I found your post. However, I think my shipment will come into New York since I got mine in Jersey. I tried going to that link but I get a page cannot be displayed error.

Mike

·
330Cic Owner
23 Posts
on the boat!

My car was put on the Jingu Maru yesterday! Should be in Jersey by the 26th!

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Still in the port ...

Victim of bad timing. I'm doing the Perf Center Delivery, so I'm waiting for a boat to Charleston. There are 3 different vessels headed there due to arrive either the 9th or 10th of July. At this point, it doesn't matter which one of the three I'm on ...

·
Registered
889 Posts
WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Status 193! Next step is to get on a boat. Almost there!

Did I mention "WOOOOOOHOOOOO" ?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just called BMW - status 195!!

She said she coudn't see the vessel name but she did know that it is being shipped on the Mitsui Osk Line. Also an estimated time of arrival at New Jersey was 8/8. Does that seem long to anyone? I thought it was more like 12-14 days on the water not 30. :dunno:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts