BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 325ci was off loaded at the dealer on 4/30. Even though the car was sold, with a $10K cash deposit, it was listed as a demo for some bookeeping reason. I got a new car with an additional 6 months added to the warranty because of it. Anyone have any ideas on what the benefit to the dealer was? The car was paid for a week ago and is still listed by BMWNA as at "the final processing center". Go figure.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
jher said:
My 325ci was off loaded at the dealer on 4/30. Even though the car was sold, with a $10K cash deposit, it was listed as a demo for some bookeeping reason. I got a new car with an additional 6 months added to the warranty because of it. Anyone have any ideas on what the benefit to the dealer was? The car was paid for a week ago and is still listed by BMWNA as at "the final processing center". Go figure.
Did they by chance use it for a demo? Check the milege, if you got more than 10-15 miles on it, I'd be very wary..who knows, someone may have tried to redline it in a demo drive, not good considering the break in process (1200miles rpm should never exceed 4500 rpm or 100 mph)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts