BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here is the step by step to remove your trim:

UPDATE! I THINK INSTEAD OF "BREAKING OFF THAT SCREW MOUNT" TRY THIS 1ST, I FOUND THIS OUT ON A 5 SERIES N MAYBE THIS IS HOW YOU GET TO THAT SCREW... IF NOT, CONTINUE ON

POP THE HAZARD UNIT OUT 1ST, THEN LOOK INSIDE IT N SEE IF YOU CAN GET TO THAT SCEW...

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Very helpful DYI. Thanks for taking the time to do this :thumbup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Excellent DIY thx!

·
Registered
260 Posts
very nice diy thanks alot!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not sure, i never installed that before, but if your looking for a positive power cord, i'd assume so, since it's red...

·
Michael
2,307 Posts
Good job

I have replaced all of my internal trim from Ruthenium to the light birch. It was quite easy as you have shown in your pictures and advice. What I would suggest is the purchase of plastic trim removal tools, they are quite cheap for a set, but the main thing is they are not as severe as metal screwdrivers in the potential to damage the trim. In fact sometimes when a screw is hidden the fact that the trim tool does not release the part easily generally means a screw could be holding the part. the temptation with a screwdriver is to go all the way which can lead to breakages. Just a point for anyone else contemplating this task.

·
Marine
95 Posts
Looks great!!! I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine just to see how it looks. After all it can all be taken off. Do you have any pics of what it looks like all back in the vehicle?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Can you walk me through what you did to change out and upgrade your turn signals?
Big Jon
Please do a search for LCI Turn signals. There are many threads on the subject.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but these instructions were perfect. I was able to remove the screw behind the hazard switch, and got all the trim off without breaking anything. Took about an hour to pull out all the trim and disassemble all the assorted pieces attached to the trim. In the process of wrapping in carbon fiber vinyl, wouldn't have tried without this thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts