BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, heres the scoop... I have 5 on thier way.. Euro M3 EVO transmissions just like the one in my car. I love mine.

Who wants one? Approx mileage on all of these is 60K.

Cost is going to be about $2500 shipped.

So far the List is:

1) Clint
2) Dale
3) Juker
4) Bimmerpwr
5) Open

Install is straight forward. You need a shortened driveshaft and a short shift kit. I will do a full writeup if we have any interest.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
5) Bimmerpwr

This list is only those who have shown interest, it is not a definite list.

·
Metalsmith
572 Posts
Mpire said:
Ok, heres the scoop... I have 5 on thier way.. Euro M3 EVO transmissions just like the one in my car. I love mine.

So far the List is:

1) Clint
2) Dale
3) Shawn (probably not interested)
4) Juker
5) Anyone?

Install is straight forward. You need a shortened driveshaft and a short shift kit. I will do a full writeup if we have any interest.
How did I get on that list? Thanks but not interested.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didnt think you were, but giving you a chance.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
So much for the "they shouldn't cost anymore than $1800". The prices you are charging are not different than the prices I was asking.

unfreakingbelievable.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My price is delivered, that means shipping is included. And that takes into account the exchange rate.

If I can sell all 5, then we probably will save on shipping.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bruce said:
So much for the "they shouldn't cost anymore than $1800". The prices you are charging are not different than the prices I was asking.

unfreakingbelievable.
Was your price shipped? And wasnt there something wrong with the transmission you were selling?

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And this is probably going to be an all or nothing deal. I am not making any profit, so I am not too eager to stick my neck out, but several people have asked me so I am trying to help.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Mpire said:
Was your price shipped? And wasnt there something wrong with the transmission you were selling?
Price shipped to the US, not from me to the buyer (roughly $100)- including exchange rate, customs, etc. Plus I was including the proper driveshaft (for an E36, not a Z3). The trannies I had were perfect, not problems whatsoever- no point in importing a broken 6 speed as the rebuild price is very steep.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Mpire said:
And this is probably going to be an all or nothing deal. I am not making any profit, so I am not too eager to stick my neck out, but several people have asked me so I am trying to help.
If you are not making a profit at $2500, then why did you think I could sell at $1800????

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Mpire said:

So far the List is:

Mpire, I am currently working on getting one myself. I should know in a couple of days whether I get it or not. If not, then I am interested in one of yours.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My price of 2500 is the maximum it would be. There will be cost savings if we get all 5 spoken for.

If you can pick it up at my place, then it will of course save you a hundred bucks or more.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have Juker foaming at hte mouth over the tranny. I have two more spoken for I think. And several more interested. As soon as we nail it down, I will get them ordered.

This is a deal that will be done in 10 days or so from when we place it.

After giving out the traffic pros to everyone, I am not so keen on this, but hey, anyone who gets one from me, will owe me big time. LOL

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New option, after we get 5 people together, would those five people be willing to call the parts house and give them your credit card info? That way I can stay out of just about everything.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am interested but........

details.....

I have a 2000 S52...campatible or is this an s54 upgradeonly??

if compatible....read on........

I have a Rogue LTW Flywheel, M5 Clutch and HD pressure plate.....are those parts still useable?

What else do I need for this install.....

What about the reat diff..........do I need to change that or does the euro 6 speed come with a diff?

Assuming its all included...then what is the diff ratio that comes with it? Same as m3 s54?

And last question is...Where are they coming from and do you know anything about them....Have they been inspected?...if there is something wrong and they need to be rebuilt...what might that cost be?? I previously owned an an '88 944 turbo s and the tranny went. Porsche warrantied it.....thank god cause I was young and could barely afford the car. A $7K repair bill would have hurt.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The S52 and S54 have hte same transmission, so the mounting points will be the same.

As far as aftermarket flywheels, etc. Input shaft and bell housing are the same as current transmission. So it will all fit fine.

Diff is up to you. I bought a 3.73 from Bav Engine for $275 delivered. You dont have to change it, its your preference.

They are coming from a parts house in europe. They are sorta inspected. Its a gamble to be sure. But anything like this is. I bought my transmission from them, and I am very happy with it. I have had it in the car for a year with no issues.

If your worried about it breaking, which I am and you will be, you can always put hte 5 speed back in. I am hoping that in a few years the S54 M3 transmissions will come down in price and I can trade up to one of those. The big difference is a larger input shaft. The price is just too high for them, they tend to be expensive because the race cars eat the bell housings in every race it seems.

What else do you need? You need a shortened driveshaft. I got mine done for about $200 at L and M Driveline in NYC. Shortened and balanced to 12000 rpm or so.

You will also need a shifter and linkage. Rogue Engineering sells a kit that will bolt right up, no fabrication necessary. I think its like 400 bucks though. Includes octaine shifter, shortened carrier, and WSR. I am happy with it pretty much. You just have to cut 4 inches out of the selector rod and the carrier to make them fit.

If you can change your clutch yourslef, you can do this mod. Its the SAME THING.

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Mpire said:
...I am hoping that in a few years the S54 M3 transmissions will come down in price and I can trade up to one of those. The big difference is a larger input shaft.
Mpire, assuming I can get an S54 M3 trans (E46 M3), what extra would need to be done, and how much better is it than the M3 EVO? I'm not just blowing smoke here, I may have a lead on one.

·
ex-M couper
1,749 Posts
Mpire said:
New option, after we get 5 people together, would those five people be willing to call the parts house and give them your credit card info? That way I can stay out of just about everything.
If I go with your offer I have no problem doing this. Just give me a day or two.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bob Clevenger said:
Mpire, assuming I can get an S54 M3 trans (E46 M3), what extra would need to be done, and how much better is it than the M3 EVO? I'm not just blowing smoke here, I may have a lead on one.
According to the guy who rebuilt my diff and does alot of transmissions, the internals are pretty much identical. The input shaft on the E46 transmission is larger, like an 850 input shaft.

The difference is that you will need an M3 clutch and flywheel to make it work. Thats about it. Length is the same. Ratios are the same.

The E46 M3 transmissions tend to be much more expensive. Its said because you cant buy spare parts, and every time a race clutch goes, it shatters the bell housing. So there are tons of internals available, but no bell housings. Thats just what I have heard.

I also heard that the E46 6 speed needs to be ground down in a few places to fit. I do not know for sure, as I have not done it. I can say that the EVO tranny is flush agaist the padding, meaning its in there VERY snug.

Expect to purchase at least a 3 foot, if not 4 foot extention to reach the bolts on top of the tranny. I had to have someone pull down on the back of the tranny so I could bolt the damn thing in.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts