Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.

I wiiling to change a brake pads and sensor rear and front for my girlfriend car she has 2013 bmw 640i gran coupe.

I'm usually taking care of my car m6 2009 with manually hand brake but now it will be electronic hand brake there is any thing special I need to know about it?

The electronic hand brake must to be off when I will compress the calipers? Or so?

And what you guys recommend (if it's possible) to do a brake pads rear and front reset from the odometer before or after the procedure of changing pads and sensors.

Another last question you guys recommend to open the cap of the brake fluid as Im doing with my m6 2009 usually or not necessary?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
12,225 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey do I have to put the parking brake in workshop mode or before I start the pads replacement I just can disable it?

I did not understand this :

Notes on encoding/programming
After replacement, the EMF control unit must be coded.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi i recently changed front and rear rotors/brake pads on my 2011 F10. it also has electronic parking brake.

there are few ways on how to deal with electronic brake on rears
1 option - (software approach ) use software tool (i used foxwell NT510 bmw version) to connect to your car and select "rear brake service". This function retracts electronic parking brake body and you don't need to do anything else( you still need to push the piston in)
2 option - (manual approach) remove and disassemble electronic parking brake body (you gotta do it on both rear wheels) and manually rewind brake body (using torx45 screw i believe) and then push the piston in.

- Electronic hand brake must be off.
- I reset brake service intervals after i completed replacement
- I didn't touch brake fluid cap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts