BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much research online and discussion with various people (including ASM at BMW dealer) will have set of staggered Michelin PSS (non RFT's), installed today ( on RF status on left rear this am). Have to figure out cover on what was spare tire cover to see whose pump and a slime kit will fit. I will advise you all if this is as transformational as I'm told to expect (sort of got used to RFT's )

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Calwayerboy, too long a story but i have "temporary" set Michelin Pilot Sports A/S3+'s for 33 miles. The improvement to quiet ride, almost unfelt asphalt to concrete transitions strips, 50 % better impact harshness when manhole cover( or ¾ of inch proud, new home development)are impacted. Handling feels just as crisp as before if not better. And these are 500 utog AllSeason tires. Can't wait to get the pilot super sports tomorrow..300 utog and max summer, no A/S. Now this is Fl, land of pretty good roads, hope I don't have issues on a trip next month to Upstate NY. AAA/ AllState Tow and BMWCCA cards read...still may do pump and slime for those BFE emergencies. 640ijims

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the , anyone know the secret for getting access to tire well (battery compartment )in this car?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Michelin Pilot Super Sports are on..first thoughts, crisper than OEM RFT's and MPS A/S3+'s, a bit less harsh than A/S3's , seem about same on noise. Don't feel transition strips as much. Overall great improvement...NOT transformational though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts