·
SweetXi
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've posted here; been swamped

Below are some pictures from my first 645 project car:

Final Parts finished but not installed:

The original aluminium faceplate:

Better installed pictures to come shortly......

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Looks great.

Nice to see another manual 6er in the GTA.

·
SweetXi
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I want one now!.... This is a friends ride, but I've been checking and looking for a 645Ci Vert to compliment my 330Xi

·
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
1,215 Posts
How did you get the glossy/lacquery finish....

·
SweetXi
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did you get the glossy/lacquery finish....
By wrapping using real carbon fiber cloth and multiple coats of resin and finally clear coating. I replicate the processes used to produce carbon fiber parts, just I use the stock pieces as the substrate to ensure they will fit properly when re-installed. Total thickness of the cloth, resin and clear coat is 1 - 1.2 mm (0.04") so thickness is not an issue,

Below are some pictures of the parts in process.

Parts clear coated, but not wet sanded or buffed yet:

.... that's how you get them to look OE quality...

·
Registered
43 Posts
So that's why you've been missing from the other board! Each time I see your work it gets so much better and better! Congrats.

·
SweetXi
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So that's why you've been missing from the other board! Each time I see your work it gets so much better and better! Congrats.
Thanks man, but just been really busy and have been MIA from most of the boards.....

Haven't touched my car stuff since the spring. I have the carbon/kevlar seat backs, seat surrounds and seat rails to finish (need final sanding and clear coat) plus I'm just finishing my carbon B pillars (just need wet sanding and buffing).

Now also debating about doing my trunk as well. Just finished a M3 trunk for a buddy of mine .... came out nice; now I'm thinking about doing mine as well.....

·
David
3,550 Posts
Damn, that looks really good. Nice work.

·
SweetXi
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here's the installed pictures he sent me today.....

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Hello, i am new to the forums i came across this and was wondering if you still wrap interior parts in carbon ?
I would send Nachos23 a PM, I doubt he comes into the 6er sub section that often since he drives a 3 series.

You could also try contacting Wu! Wraps since he also does 3M CF wraps.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts