BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased an '04 645 a few months ago and have had the following issues and was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similiar or if i just got a lemon:

-passenger window trim (side end of the headliner) fell off (i'm assuming b/c of the florida heat the adhesive wore off)
-the windows anti-trapping mechanism acts up (takes a few tries to get the window rolled up)
-REALLY sqeaky brakes
-finish on the rims is peeling off

if anyone knows whats going on, please respond. thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
1109 said:
-passenger window trim (side end of the headliner) fell off (i'm assuming b/c of the florida heat the adhesive wore off)
-the windows anti-trapping mechanism acts up (takes a few tries to get the window rolled up)

if anyone knows whats going on, please respond. thanks.
I live in Florida and had those exact same two problems. The first one was fixed by Braman without hassle *they couldn't just reglue it, they had to replace the entire trim around the door*. The second problem, we haven't had the time to take the car to the dealer yet but our windows act up too and the little icon comes up saying their is some sort of malfunction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response. got another questions... how come the air conditioner always comes on when you start the car. is there any way to change this default setting?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
1109 said:
thanks for the response. got another questions... how come the air conditioner always comes on when you start the car. is there any way to change this default setting?
That's a standard BMW feature, if the car has been parked for more than 20 minutes (or so). If just a short park, then it does not turn on.

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Just had my trim replaced. SA said well known issue for high humidity/heat such as we experience in FLA. No change in adhesive for several years. Other BMWs had this as well per SIBs I have found, but none on our vehicle.

I had driver side do this where I could make it do it at will when I place tranny in reverse. They replaced window motor and NEVER has done it since. However, since my trim was replaced last week, the PAX window has done this about 2 times. Have dealer look at this, especially if u can demonstrate for them.

No squeaks in 28k miles. However, wear sensors are one known cause on this series.
SI B34 02 06
Brakes March 2006
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes Service Measure B34 202 03 dated July 2003.

SUBJECT
Brake Squeals

MODEL
E60 (5 Series)

E61 (5 Series Sports Wagon)

E63 (6 Series Coupe)

E64 (6 Series Convertible)

SITUATION
Some customers may complain of a brake squeal noise during light brake application.

CAUSE

Wear sensor geometry (part of the sensor head protrudes beyond the edge of the brake disc).

Wear sensor material (the material combination of the wear sensor/brake disc can cause squealing noises under certain circumstances).

CORRECTION
In case of a customer complaint, install improved brake pad wear sensor. Improved wear sensor geometry and material have been implemented in 01/06.

PROCEDURE

Determine that the noise is not caused by random occurrence which can happen just before the brake pad wear limit is reached.

Replace the brake pad wear sensor and new brake pads only on the noisy axle.

PARTS INFORMATION
Part Number
Description
Quantity

34 35 6 776 421
Wear Sensor, Front E60/E61/E63/E64

34 35 6 776 422
Wear Sensor, Rear E60/E63/E64

28k miles on ellipsoids - no pealing, only self inflicted kerbing:mad:

OH YEA, WELCOME fellow Floridian. Looking for some fun with your 6er? Want some excitement?? Come join us for the Tail of the Dragon Meet in October up in Ashville, NC. See our thread, Same subject.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts