BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my auxiliary water pump isn***8217;t working. It works with a direct 12 volt feed, the supply from the car is 4 volts. Any ideas what the fault could be or does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can trace the supply?
I have already replaced the heater control valve.
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
8,332 Posts
Hi all, my auxiliary water pump isn't working. It works with a direct 12 volt feed, the supply from the car is 4 volts. Any ideas what the fault could be or does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can trace the supply?
I have already replaced the heater control valve.
Thanks in advance
4 volts sounds very strange? What is your battery voltage, & have you had problems with the engine running or cranking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery voltage normal at 12.5v no engine cranking or running issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Super Moderator
8,332 Posts
The wiring diagram shows the the wiring back to the temp controls, but it does flow the the IVM module. There could possibly be a blown fuse blown on the IVM, which is located under the passenger side cabin filter. Have you tried jumping it straight to 12 volts to make sure it works?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The aux pump does work with a direct 12v supply.
I had a look in the box under the passenger side cabin filter to check plug connections but didn’t see any fuses. I’ll have another look thanks. I would have though I would gay any voltage when testing if a blown fuse but definitely with a check. Thanks.
I have sourced a wiring diagram so will let you know how I get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Super Moderator
8,332 Posts
Search IVM module & you will know what to look for. It is slid in the side of the box, & can be hard to remove at times. Once removed you can see the fuses in the module. You also have a fuse panel in the glove box hidden in the rear, & one in the trunk. The pumps do go out at times, there might be some help in the DIY section at the Sticky at the top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts