BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post so hi all :)

I just got an amazing price for a second hand 645ci in germany but it is manual compared to an auto. Since I have an auto now (330ci)I do not know if i could go back to a manual for city driving and I am also worried about resell value as I guess most people will want the auto.

Is this fear unfounded?

·
Graham
328 Posts
I have a manual and wouldn't have it any other way. Can't tell you what to think about when you buy a car, but I don't understand why the resale value is so big a deal. I had the car I sold to buy my 645 for 16 years. I plan on keeping my 6 until the wheels fall off so I don't care about the resale value. I don't understand turning cars over every couple of years either. But differences are what makes the world go round I guess

·
Graham
328 Posts
I just woke up and realized where you are. Your biggest problem in selling the car will be if you put on more than 12,000 km a year. That means you get to park it 6 months out of the year to keep its value! Don't buy it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well basically the car is 51,000 euro and I get bored with cars quickly so I always try to buy somethign that is under the market price. In this case it is about 9,000 euro under the market price. The reason why is so i can drive for free then sell it on for what i bought it for

The only thing here is that in the czech republic the only people that would buy a car like this after me is a self employed businessman or something.

I know people in the UK like manuals as I am British but i think here on a car with a 4.5 ltr engine an auto is what most people want

1 - 4 of 4 Posts