BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am plannign to purchase a 650 for ED in October. Is looking for a price $1500-$2000 over ED invoice a viable option? Any idea where to send FAX offers? I don't mind picking it up froma dealer out of state. Is destination charge applicable?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I picked up my 645Cic in Munich in January. Before agreeing to pay ED MSRP to my preferred dealer, I sent faxes to approximately 20 BMW dealerships throughout Southern California requesting their best price for the exact configuration I wanted. Only one responded and they quoted US MSRP!!!
Because production of the 645 is so limited and the ED units come out of the dealer's allocation, there is really no reason for them to agree to sell one through ED.
I feel I was lucky to get one at ED MSRP. I was nervous up until the pickup date the dealer would back out of the deal.
Sorry I can't offer you much hope but you may have better luck in other parts of the country.
And yes, all ED cars are subject to the destination charge.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
650 ED price

I was under ther impression from previous post that ED did not come out of dealer's allotment and were therefore pure profit. Is the 6 different because of limited production?

·
Registered
822 Posts
pdx said:
I was under ther impression from previous post that ED did not come out of dealer's allotment and were therefore pure profit. Is the 6 different because of limited production?
yes.
they have to give up a car they already have on their allocation list for you to pick up in Munich. They make less profit than if they sold it to you the regular way and I think they also lose the performance based bonuses for that unit.

·
Registered
688 Posts
BillKach said:
yes.
they have to give up a car they already have on their allocation list for you to pick up in Munich. They make less profit than if they sold it to you the regular way and I think they also lose the performance based bonuses for that unit.
M cars, 760, and 6 series come from dealer's allocation. PDX, I think you are dreaming, but if you get below US MSRP, consider yourself lucky. Maybe in two years red minivans will be the hot item and then we may be able to get a discount on the 6er.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guess I will figure on MSRP rather than wait for red minivans to become hot items.

·
Registered
688 Posts
pdx said:
Thanks, guess I will figure on MSRP rather than wait for red minivans to become hot items.
When that happens, I will instead get myself a minivan with the sports package.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts