BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
First off welcome aboard! As far as power goes, you can start with a cold air intake & exhaust system, which will provide some added power. Cat back exhaust will add some power but if money isn't a problem you can swap headers too, that'll add more. Styling wise, there's not much I personally would change, I have black kidney grills now & that's it. I like the M6 kit, or the one from Prior Design. Some people don't like it, but I think it looks good, can't say I like the others aside from the 6 though :eek:. I dunno as far as rims, I'm still searching for that myself.
Here's a post about the Prior Design body kits...
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387574

·
Nerdy G
908 Posts
All the bolt on mods you can buy wont give you any significant power increase these cars are pretty tuned to their max potential as far as HP. The intake and exhaust will give you a great sounding car and may add a extra few mpg or minus a few mpg depending on your setup. But your not going to get an extra say 50-60 horses with bolt ons sorry. If you really want more power sell your 6 and get a m6 for like 10k more its worth it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
All the bolt on mods you can buy wont give you any significant power increase these cars are pretty tuned to their max potential as far as HP. The intake and exhaust will give you a great sounding car and may add a extra few mpg or minus a few mpg depending on your setup. But your not going to get an extra say 50-60 horses with bolt ons sorry. If you really want more power sell your 6 and get a m6 for like 10k more its worth it.
+1... spend your money on new rims (check out the sticky pic thread for ideas).

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Everyone has said it, you get negligible power increase after spending thousands. By the way, there is no supercharger for this car perfected yet? There have been rumors of one for years.

As has been said so many times before on this board, if you want more power it is better to just trade in for a used M6.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
.... If you really want more power sell your 6 and get a m6 for like 10k more its worth it.
+2

Do the exhaust and intake if you want more sound. But if you truly want more power, it's a very low cost upgrade to the M6 and you get an extra 140 HP plus other goodies. You also get about half the fuel mileage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.