BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member here...I purchased a CPO 2013 BMW 650i Xdrive Grand Coupe. It had 36,000 miles. In the 5 months I've owned it I have had to replace the ignition could twice - going in for the third time next week, have blown the cigarette lighter fuse three times and have had to add two quarts of oil. Seems like I have bigger issues but the dealer says it's just the coils gone bad? Any adviice as to what I need to ask him to check?

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
The new coils should have some sort of warranty on them, at least 1 year I would think. Have you been paying for the coils each time? For the cigarette lighter fuse what were you using when it blew? For the oil consumption you might need valve stem seals.

Tim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks tim330i. The car is under warranty so BMW has paid for everything. My problem is it keeps happening. Three sets of coils in 5 months is not normal. I was was using a cell phone charger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been having the same issue with the quart of oil thing... my dealership says its normal however, I find that very hard to believe.. especially from a car that costs $100K+ .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've now been told the software in the car needed to be updated. All problems solved. I'm not too sure but we shall see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts