BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I dump my Dinan flashed 335i, would a 650i be better than an M3. I know the M3 will out accelerate, out corner etc...but I think the overall sophistication of the 650i is mor eappealing to me now. I need to drive one, btu for those of you who have, is it fast enough and handle well enough?

·
Don't worry, be happy
11,616 Posts
The 650 is plenty fast and handles plenty well, but it is a completely different vehicle than an M3.

·
Pundit
2,512 Posts
If I dump my Dinan flashed 335i, would a 650i be better than an M3. I know the M3 will out accelerate, out corner etc...but I think the overall sophistication of the 650i is mor eappealing to me now. I need to drive one, btu for those of you who have, is it fast enough and handle well enough?
I got this crazy idea....how about you go test drive the cars? :dunno:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got this crazy idea....how about you go test drive the cars? :dunno:
Are you sure that's a good idea...? Obviously I'll drive both cars; I'm just curious to see what others had to say about each car after they drove them.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
One's an super-expensive, fast, heavy land yacht that handles as if it's 20% lighter than it is, and the other's a super-duper-expensive, fast, super-heavy slightly quieter land yacht that handles as if it's 20% lighter than it is.

:p

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
if you have to ask I wouild say you should get the 650i.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Please no more the cliche "If you have to ask". It's been used way too often. :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
From a cost/value standpoint

I would take a 650 over an M3

I would take a 335 over an M3.

Bottom line, the M3 costs so much more than a 335 and a little less than a 650, and with the 650 lease incentives you might even come out ahead.

The M3 is a 3 series. Over 500,000 3 series are made each year. A lot less 6 series are made and only 8k or so make it to the U.S.

·
Banned
973 Posts
Dont get me wrong as I love BMW 6 series but it is no where near as capable as an M3:thumbup:.

Oh and one more thing the M3 is not just another plain 3 series. Just like M6 is not your run of the mill 6 series.:tsk:

The M3 is a 3 series. Over 500,000 3 series are made each year. A lot less 6 series are made and only 8k or so make it to the U.S.

·
Banned
973 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts

Bottom line, the M3 costs so much more than a 335 and a little less than a 650, and with the 650 lease incentives you might even come out ahead.

How many M out of 500K 3 series?
M3 != 650: Cannot compare the two, different beast
M3 > 335

·
Registered
428 Posts

It is not a 3 series. It is an "M" series. Plus the six is the ugliest product from BMW.

·
Registered
263 Posts
How can we tell anyone what car is better for them? The O.P. needs to figure out what he wants and then test drive the cars to see what works for him.

One person wants the 2008 "rawness" of an M3 and another wants the plush sleekness of the 6 series.

This is one that the O.P. has to handle for himself. It is like asking which woman should he date/marry. Some decisions aren't really for group discussion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts